The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Thank you Tom and Joe^^^
Tom, glad you liked the processing - The BLENCOMO treatment does allow you to shift the tonal separation but it does distort the colour somewhat...BTW. Excellent image Tom Re: The Straight of Georgia #12.
Joe, it’s always good to get back home but it did make for a pleasant change of scene. Love the picture of the little girl. I’m guessing that she’s your granddaughter judging by that cheeky expression and your avatar ;)

Cottages by the River Severn (The River Severn is the longest river in the UK at around 220 miles long https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Severn ) A7RII + 90mm Macro FE
First up the original colour version, followed by the BLENCOMO processed version and finally the Pt/Pd toned version.

D

Deleted member 7792

Werner, that's outstanding. :thumbs:

Joe

jim251

I've been helping out a real estate friend with a few interiors lately. Not much is postworthy but this room was pretty special, with space for the bar, the dance floor and even a small orchestra. Alas, it was empty that day and it was only my imagination that brought it to life...

A7R2, Batis 25, f/5.6

a7r | FE 4/16-35mm @ 18mm
IMO this is a stunning urbanscape!

But I'm made a bit nervous by so much contrast and/or sharpening on the far left side and on the lower right steps. To my eye these little details add a bit of artificiality, whereas the rest of the image gives such a strong sense of depth and a feeling of 'you are there.'

Constructive suggestion?

Kirk

PS, the reflections are nice touches!

Last edited:

f 10

IMO this is a stunning urbanscape!

But I'm made a bit nervous by so much contrast and/or sharpening on the far left side and on the lower right steps. To my eye these little details add a bit of artificiality, whereas the rest of the image gives such a strong sense of depth and a feeling of 'you are there.'

Constructive suggestion?

Kirk

PS, the reflections are nice touches!

Kirk, thanks for the kind words.
Would that be a constructive suggestion for you?

lowcontrast.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.