The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLP

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

On the way to Milford Sound, South Island, New Zealand
a7r + 24 F2 ZA

Sunset, Sugarloaf Rock, Western Australia
a7ii + 1635 F4 ZA

DLP

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Sunset, Cottesloe, Western Australia
a900 + 24 F2 ZA

On the way to Milford Sound, South Island, New Zealand
a900 + 135 ZA

Annna T

There is a little romanesque church in the vicinity. It was linked to a convent and built around the 11th century. I can see the bell tower from my back window :)
but it is quite far away and not even using the longest lens yields acceptable pictures (way too much atmospheric haze).

Saint-Pierre-de-Clages - 20160121_044-Pano-Modifiera7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Saint-Pierre-de-Clages - 20160121_052a7r2i
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

http://www.ovronnaz.ch/en/must-do-experiences/heritage-country/saint-pierre-de-clages-village-du-livre/

"Saint-Pierre-de-Clages was first Celtic, then Roman. In the 11th century, the Benedictine monks of the Abbey of Saint-Martin d’Ainay in Lyon built the Romanesque church in the Cluniac style on the village main square.

This monument is one of the most interesting examples of how Carolingian art influenced architecture in Southern Switzerland. The church was built in a traditional Romanesque style using natural stones. It was mentioned for the first time in 1153 in a Pope Eugene II’s bull, but actually dates from more than 100 years earlier. The searches and recent renovation works (1963-1967) allowed cantonal archaeologist M. L’abbé François Olivier Dubuis to confirm that the building forms a homogeneous entity dating back to the first half of the 11th century, but for the two brick and tuff floors of the octagonal tower, which were erected later."

Last edited:

f 10

Italy, Isolabona, Provinz Imperia

Here is another view of the village

a7r | FE 4/16-35mm @ 24mm

Annna T

The village and the church of Saint-Pierre-de-Clages are built on an alluvial cone. With the passing of time and the occasional floodings the alluvions have accumulated around the church which seems to have sunk into the ground. Steps had to be added at the entrance door. At first they were dug at the exterior of the church, but in case of bad weather they were collecting all the waters and flooding the church. A transformation was then undertaken and a new stair was built, this time inside of the church, behind the entrance door. Nothing is symmetric in that church : The entrance door doesn't open in the middle in the axis of the altar and the two aisles are different both in height and width.

Saint-Pierre-de-Clages - 20160121_103-HDRa7r2i
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

The pillars go by pairs, but there are different pairs (square, round or cruciform).

Saint-Pierre-de-Clages - 20160121_065-HDRa7r2i-2
by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

The pillars were originally painted, like the walls, but most of those paintings are now lost : there are still some traces left for instance on a pillar on the right :

Saint-Pierre-de-Clages - 20160121_093-HDRa7r2i
by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

I have a soft spot for that rounded column :

Saint-Pierre-de-Clages - 20160121_105-HDRa7r2i
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.