The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Hi Barry

Beautiful coloration of the rock isn't something you see everyday and the small/smooth pebbles at the base would be worth taking a few close-ups as well. Thanks for posting.

Paul
Great shots, as usual, Barry. I did chuckle to myself at the gabion wall shot. I recall you saying on here that you are/were in civil engineering, and having been in the same line myself (now retired, and glad to be out of it!), I sometimes suffer from the same 'affliction'.

I once showed a broadly similar shot to my resident art critic (i.e. the other half), attempting to present it as 'Art'. I'll go no further than to say that she had a somewhat different view, and I was left to lick some painful 'artistic wounds'...! ;) :D
Thank you both Paul and tbhv55 for your very kind comments :)
I do have a slight confession that the rock although a deep red colour in reality has been exaggerated with a little tone mapping.
My artistic wife also gave me her artistic impression and said bluntly! ”What on earth have you done to that lovely image, you have now turned it into a raw piece of meat, it now resembles a giant steak!!!”
Feeling pretty deflated because I went ahead and uploaded that image first before getting her “expert” opinion (as I’m colour blind and she is not) I was just about to remove it altogether just as camping kindly gave it a like...So I decided to run with it and see...It seems to be quite well received here so I’m guessing there are quite a few carnivores still out there...BTW my wife is a vegetarian and I am not.

PS. tbhv55....Likewise glad to be out of the CE game ;)

k-hawinkler

Thank you both Paul and tbhv55 for your very kind comments :)
I do have a slight confession that the rock although a deep red colour in reality has been exaggerated with a little tone mapping.
My artistic wife also gave me her artistic impression and said bluntly! ”What on earth have you done to that lovely image, you have now turned it into a raw piece of meat, it now resembles a giant steak!!!”
Feeling pretty deflated because I went ahead and uploaded that image first before getting her “expert” opinion (as I’m colour blind and she is not) I was just about to remove it altogether just as camping kindly gave it a like...So I decided to run with it and see...It seems to be quite well received here so I’m guessing there are quite a few carnivores still out there...BTW my wife is a vegetarian and I am not.

Thanks Barry. The image looked "enhanced" to me as compared to "natural". :grin:

The Ute

Thanks Karl...I do like to season my steaks as you already know :grin:

Natural raw steak, with no seasoning (SOOC)

Barry (A.K.A Mr. Prolific) -

For my taste I would have preferred something in between the two.
Medium rare. :)

Annna T

I think that I will side with your wife on this one : I prefer the more natural version .. But then I'm not very carnivore either, so what do I know..

I like your composition and the smoothly polished curves of the rock. Now that the red paint is gone, I would like to strike my hand to follow the curves of the polished rock.

Last edited:

f 10

Fayence
a7r | FE 4/16-35mm @ 16mm

a7r | FE 4/16-35mm @ 28mm

Michiel Schierbeek

That is a pitty Barry, i was already on my way to that spot to collect al those gem stones and jewels.

AlanS

A7, Canon 85mm f1.8 FD
Hamsterley Forest

c/y 35mm f1.4

AlanS

Michiel, Enjoying the urban views and buildings series. A bit off topic but can I ask what adapter you use with the 24-85 lens? I know it is autofocus but wondered if you can use it manually as I have long been admiring the results you get with it.

tbhv55

As it happens, I have been vegetarian for 25+ years - however, I didn't react to your image in the same way as your wife did. The "giant steak" idea just didn't cross my mind! :)

tbhv55

Yes, although I thoroughly enjoyed civils for most of my career, by the later years, it had changed to the point where I really just wanted to get out.:( Photography (hobbyist only - not professional :)) became far more appealing.
Tim.

Annna T

Found in Vissigen that suburb near Sion.

There is an old farm there beneath the high buildings and it has become an active cultural place. There are artists in residences, exhibitions in the barn, a restaurant with a nice garden for the summer and where small events take place (music, philosophic speeches etc). There are a few sculptures around the barn which could also serve as playing ground for the youth.

A7r2 and 90mm TSE

Ferme asile de Vissigen - 20160307_027a7ri
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.