The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Michiel, just saw your book in progress...excellent theme throughout.

Taken yesterday in Perranporth

AlanS

Good luck with the book Michiel, excellent body of work!

From this mornings walk, A7, c/y 35mm f1.4...

AlanS

Spring is coming, A7, Sigma 50mm f2.8 EX Macro, Weardale.....

I love 'portraits' of buildings that seems to have personalities. The color, clarity, and rigorously simple composition are impressive.

Kirk

PS, this must be your new 21mm lens. Is it noticeably better than your wide zoom?

Michiel, just saw your book in progress...excellent theme throughout.

Taken yesterday in Perranporth

I hope everyone (including Lucille!) will notice and enjoy the link in David's post on art deco cars. The link reveals a dozen or so striking images. These are most beautiful cars I've seen, and he's presented them so they seem to come to life, almost as if they're jumping out of a pop-up book.

Kirk

I was in Houston last week and went to the Sculptured in Steel exhibit.
Its an exhibition of art deco era cars and motorcycles at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts.

Here is a picture of one car as displayed:

HERE is the gallery with all the cars as displayed.

AlanS

Couple more....
A7, 35mm f1.4

Sigma 50mm f2.8 EX Macro

Barry Haines

I love 'portraits' of buildings that seems to have personalities. The color, clarity, and rigorously simple composition are impressive.

Kirk

PS, this must be your new 21mm lens. Is it noticeably better than your wide zoom?
Thank you Kirk, we have lots of old (and some odd/strange looking) buildings and shops here in Cornwall with personalities that's for sure but hardly any new buildings of any interest IMHO other than the Eden Project.
Yes it’s the wonderful little 21mm Loxia (noticeably better - definitely :D), a marvellous little WA lens!...I’m still having great difficulty swapping this lens off of the A7RII at the moment.
Here are 3 more shots taken this afternoon wandering around the streets of Truro with the 21mm Loxia...Thanks again...Cheers Barry

Annna T

Thank you for your answer, compliments and encouragements, Annna! The book is still in progress and I still need to find the funds to publish it, which is not so easy.
It was checked by a young man in paris and the last sentence has already been changed.

But if I may, I will send you a pm later, about my plans and the text. I want it to be in French, because I want to get some people in Normandy interested to do something with it.
You are welcome Michiel. Don't hesitate, I'll keep a look on the mails.

Annna T

My favorite is the third one ! nice catch with the vivid colors and the reflections.

Thank you Kirk, we have lots of old (and some odd/strange looking) buildings and shops here in Cornwall with personalities that's for sure but hardly any new buildings of any interest IMHO other than the Eden Project.
Yes it’s the wonderful little 21mm Loxia (noticeably better - definitely :D), a marvellous little WA lens!...I’m still having great difficulty swapping this lens off of the A7RII at the moment.
Here are 3 more shots taken this afternoon wandering around the streets of Truro with the 21mm Loxia...Thanks again...Cheers Barry

dmward

I hope everyone (including Lucille!) will notice and enjoy the link in David's post on art deco cars. The link reveals a dozen or so striking images. These are most beautiful cars I've seen, and he's presented them so they seem to come to life, almost as if they're jumping out of a pop-up book.

Kirk
Kirk, et al;
What I did with the images in the gallery is use the pen tool in photoshop to clip the car and display area the museum created for each car.

These are outstanding examples of classics. The Voisin Type C27, for example, is one of two built by the French manufacturer.

I also have other images of each car, including some details that I am planning to clip out of the distracting backgrounds and then composite into backgrounds I'll create in photoshop. The intent is to create some poster like images. My objective, at the moment is to find some art deco era buildings in Chicago to photograph and use in the design.

HERE is a gallery of some cars I shot at the Geneva Concours last summer to illustrate the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.