The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentin_Bargate

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Fish, Catania fishmarket, A7RII, Loxia 21mm.

This trip to Catania was really the first time I had the opportunity to use the Loxia 21mm in anger, and it is mighty impressive for such a diminutive lens.

Barry Haines

Thanks, lucky timing I guess, it made me laugh out loud when I processed it!
Quentin, nicely caught...I love her expression while the men are absolutely oblivious to her plight...excellent!

Harbour entrance to Boscastle
A7RII + 21mm Loxia

Last edited:

My favorite flying camera captured with my favorite ground-based camera.

A7Rii with Sony 24-70mm GM at 70mm @ ƒ2.8

Jim DE

Mike one of the happiest day's of my life was when I traded my Vision 2 away for a transmission job for my vehicle. I just never could get comfortable with the possibility of a unexpected fly away and the resulting lawsuit I might get if it flew away and crashed in a school playground or whatever. I had to go through 3 of them with B&H to get a half decent one and only flew it a dozen times over a year in a half till I found a good trade for it. Worse purchase I ever made and was surprised B&H sold them being as their QC was so horrible. I never returned anything to B&H prior to that piece of junk.

Annna T

A spring picture taken in the vineyards overlooking Sion. A few days ago, I noticed that my favorite tree along the "bisse" (aqueduct) in the vineyards was blooming. Alas, the weather has been bad for the whole week and the forecast didn't look better, so I decided to try some pictures nevertheless, while the tree was still in flower.

A7rm2 and Zeiss Batis 25mm F2. F4 ISO400. As you can see, that lens finally was in stock here.

Spring in the vineyards overlooking Sion - 20160405_139a7r2i
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

I took a similar picture last autumn in October 2015 : https://flic.kr/p/zxws6o but with a longer lens, the FE 55mm F1.8.

k-hawinkler

Thanks Anna. Great image of a fantastic view! More images please! :clap:

I just never could get comfortable with the possibility of a unexpected fly away and the resulting lawsuit I might get if it flew away and crashed in a school playground or whatever. I had to go through 3 of them with B&H to get a half decent one and only flew it a dozen times over a year in a half till I found a good trade for it. Worse purchase I ever made and was surprised B&H sold them being as their QC was so horrible. I never returned anything to B&H prior to that piece of junk.
I know what you mean. I still have a Phantom 1, that was really more of a kit than a finished consumer product, in spite of their marketing it as a ready-to-go thing. But so far, I have to say, the Phantom 4 is drastically better in nearly every way than their earlier efforts.

And it doesn't hurt, in my view, that Apple now sells these in their retail stores.

dwood

Quentin, nicely caught...I love her expression while the men are absolutely oblivious to her plight...excellent!
I think her plight is directly linked to having to sit in close proximity to those men! :ROTFL:

Jim DE

Mike I was in Cabelas the other day getting a Ken Onion knife sharpener and was surprised to see a half a dozen or more various drones for sale in there. Makes I had never heard of and half the price I paid for that DJI.

I just don't think civilian gps is good enough or reliable enough for drones to use for flight guidance. Sun spots and system resets just have far too much effect on these systems which can move your home spot miles away in a second throw its guidance system to take flight on its own.

A spring picture taken in the vineyards overlooking Sion. A few days ago, I noticed that my favorite tree along the "bisse" (aqueduct) in the vineyards was blooming. Alas, the weather has been bad for the whole week and the forecast didn't look better, so I decided to try some pictures nevertheless, while the tree was still in flower.

A7rm2 and Zeiss Batis 25mm F2. F4 ISO400. As you can see, that lens finally was in stock here.

I took a similar picture last autumn in October 2015 : https://flic.kr/p/zxws6o but with a longer lens, the FE 55mm F1.8.
Lovely shot! I much prefer the newer image and its wider angle.

Kirk

Quentin_Bargate

Alex, my eldest son. I took the shot a couple of days ago in London for a mag cover relating to a new startup project you will all find out about soon :)

Natural light, A7RII, 90mm G OSS @ F/2.8

Annna T

Same tree as yesterday, seen from the other side. Alas, the light wasn't helping. May be I will have better luck to-morrow (they are announcing a little more sun and perhaps there are some blossoming flowers left over). This path along the "bisse" (aqueduct) is not of people suffering from dizziness, but for those with a sure foot.

Spring stroll along the bisse - 20160405_178a7r2i
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

The one I took last fall was really better I think.. what the light does :) https://www.flickr.com/photos/rrr_hhh/22016516976/sizes/h/

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Earlier this week my 8 year old and trusty Sony A700 came back from a 3 year "loan assignment" with my brother-in-law. Since today was the 100th day of 2016 I decided to put on my Minolta 100/2.8 macro lens and see what I could find with a tour through the garden. I had forgotten how much more quiet the A700 is vs. the A850. It was a real joy to use. So while A7's seem to be the latest and greatest (and almost the norm in the Sony section on GetDPI) the A700 can still bring back some nice shots as well.

100-1: Magnolia Stellata

100-2: Budding leaves from a Hydrangea

100-3: Grape Hyacinth

100-4: Another hybrid Magnolia (liliiflora ?)

100-5: Still in the bud

100-6: Yellow and burgundy

Status
Not open for further replies.