The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim251

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Yellow-tailed Flicker

It's somewhat uncommon to see one of these on a branch - they're usually glued to the side of a tree, woodpecker-style. Not only was this one kind enough to wait for me while I went and fetched my camera, but he responded well to direction, too. "OK, look back over your right shoulder. Great, now raise your littly birdy-chin a bit. OK, hold it right there..." Snap.

A6300, fe70-200

k-hawinkler

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Yellow-tailed Flicker

It's somewhat uncommon to see one of these on a branch - they're usually glued to the side of a tree, woodpecker-style. Not only was this one kind enough to wait for me while I went and fetched my camera, but he responded well to direction, too. "OK, look back over your right shoulder. Great, now raise your littly birdy-chin a bit. OK, hold it right there..." Snap.

A6300, fe70-200
WOW! A fabulous shot. Thanks. Love the composition and colors.

Quentin_Bargate

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Catania Piazza Del Doumo The Fountain Of Amenano. A7RII, Loxia 21mm, F/11, ISO100, 1/6 sec, Tripod.

Quentin_Bargate

Taormina, Sicily, A7RII, Sony Zeiss FE 24-70mm, ISO 100, F/8, 1/125

Just working through some shots taken in Sicily.

V

Vivek

The weather was gorgeous earlier today. Two ultraviolet captures using my dedicated UV cam (a hacked A7).

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Hacked A7, Ultraviolet capture, The Hague

Annna T

The weather was gorgeous earlier today. Two ultraviolet captures using my dedicated UV cam (a hacked A7).

Hacked A7, Ultraviolet capture, The Hague

The second one is a great catch, I like the composition with the curves of the wings echoed in the sprinkling water in the background.

mediumcool

Demolition

Sony a7 17mm Tokina 1/200 smallish aperture ISO 400

Last edited:

mediumcool

Street tree in Autumn

Sony a7 17mm Tokina 1/320 wide-ish aperture ISO 500

mediumcool

Hard to find BP anywhere on the signage

Sony a7 17mm Tokina 1/200 smallish aperture ISO 200

dwood

here's the story on this picture: I've been looking around for RAW samples from the new Sony FE GM 24-70 /f2.8 that I could download and play around with. I found this one on the dpreview site. I didn't shoot it but I processed the file to taste. This was shot at 24mm, f/8, ISO 100 @1/400. More than anything else, I've been interested to see how this lens renders. I'm fairly impressed and I'm going to put this on the 'rent me' list so I can give it a real workout. If there are others shooting this lens now, I'd love to see your pictures and hear about your experiences with this new zoom.

Jim DE

Hard to find BP anywhere on the signage

Sony a7 17mm Tokina 1/200 smallish aperture ISO 200
Just look along the USA's Gulf Coast of LA, MS, AL, and FL you'll see all the signs of BP :( .......... even now. I went fishing this past winter in LA and was surprised they were still seeing the effects of BP's fiasco in the Gulf of Mexico and that happened years ago. Guess it could of been worse.......

Status
Not open for further replies.