The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annna T

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

I've been visiting family in the state of Kansas for the past few weeks, and managed to find a few moments to shoot. Unfortunately, due to equipment failure the photos below have been hastily (and imprecisely) processed on my better half's ancient laptop - a surprisingly difficult task considering a7rii file sizes! (There's a lesson here somewhere...)

Needless to say, I miss my regular pp hardware. All shots taken with either the 55/1.8 or the 28/2. Cheers!
Number 2 is my favorite, a great catch; second favorite is number 4.

scho

A very old barn covered with vines.

The barn has been used by various university departments over the years for storage and the most recent tenant posted a small sign giving contact info for gaining access.

Easy access next to the door.

dwood

'pinecones, needles, and leaves' - a7rII / FE 24-70 GM

Annna T

It may seem an odd question but I would like to know if you know what type of flowers those are ?
Thanks in advance.
It isn't odd, just legitimate curiosity. Those are poppies, but already almost gone. In more hospitable grounds the flowers grow a little larger.

The Ute

It isn't odd, just legitimate curiosity. Those are poppies, but already almost gone. In more hospitable grounds the flowers grow a little larger.
That is what I thought.
We have a flower out this way which is similar w smaller petals.
It's called the "globemallow".

scho

Beautiful, balmy spring day. Laid back, hands clasped behind head, and leaving no wake. A7r+Contax 24-85 N.

Annna T

Very well done. Composition, colors...all excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Joe
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your comment, because I have doubts about the framing. This version is a cropped one. There is another version, of which I like the top, but the flowers at the bottom are a little unbalanced.. I'd be curious to know what you and others think of it. May be that I should have kept this tension between the top and bottom...
Or I could also crop the flowers and keep only the top square.. So many possibilities and I'm never sure of my choices.

Rue de l'industrie, Sion - 20140412_094s
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Last edited:

scho

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your comment, because I have doubts about the framing. This version is a cropped one. There is another version, of which I like the top, but the flowers at the bottom are a little unbalanced.. I'd be curious to know what you and others think of it. May be that I should have kept this tension between the top and bottom...
Or I could also crop the flowers and keep only the top square.. So many possibilities and I'm never sure of my choices.

Rue de l'industrie, Sion - 20140412_094s
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr
I think the flowers make this scene and i would crop this version just below the upper window frame, as in the previous composition. Very nice image.

Status
Not open for further replies.