The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

A shot I made last summer with my A7 and the FE 90/2.8 G. I had it in my fingers this evening and would like to share it here aswell.

Sommerwiese (full res on flickr)​

Last edited:

frozenbb

Here are two more from Kansas this spring.

Receding.

Etched (I posted another variant of this subject in B&W earlier)

Annna T

Two other sculptures by Prosper Zambaz (1901-1977).

I tried to find out more info about him, but didn't find much. Apparently he was the local blacksmith, doing all kind of common works, like shoeing horses, designing grates, doors and balconies. But he was a talented craftsman and was awarded for his skill at the end of his apprenticeship. I don't think that he earned much fame. I didn't even know about him. He was appreciated by the other villagers because he was very helpful, repairing all kind of stuff. His heirs have given his forge to the community, but it is a place emphasizing old stuff, with a passeist look on lost crafts. When the information appeared in the local newspaper I didn't even bother to pay a visit.. I was clearly wrong since there was more to find out than old anvils etc.. He was a modest craftsman, but apparently also had an interest in more contemporary art. The sculpture I have shown in my preceding post, that of the cube standing near two trees and a red bank, was slowly rotating on itself.

A7rm2 and Canon EOS 45mm TSE F8 1/640 ISO400 (and by the way, this was my first outing with a newly received lens. It is sharp all the way to the corners from F5.6 to F11 and even F16 is good if needed, but there is quite a lot of color aberrations in the corners).

Place de la Tour Lombarde - Conthey-Bourg - 20160502_079a7r2i by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

Last edited:

Annna T

Here are two more from Kansas this spring.

Etched (I posted another variant of this subject in B&W earlier)
This is a great catch.. wonderful light and composition, plus so much serenity in that shot. I liked the BW version, but think I prefer the color one with its end of day light.
That tower is quite mysterious, what is it ? seems a little small for a water tower ?

frozenbb

This is a great catch.. wonderful light and composition, plus so much serenity in that shot. I liked the BW version, but think I prefer the color one with its end of day light.
That tower is quite mysterious, what is it ? seems a little small for a water tower ?

Thanks Anna! I think I prefer the color version as well, taken in early morning. The structure is actually a water tower, and identical ones are found all across that part of Kansas. Although I'm unsure about the origins of these particular towers, many similar ones were constructed by the US government during the economic depression of the 1930s. This served two purposes: it put unemployed people back to work, and it helped to combat the effects of the "Dust Bowl."

Cheers.

V

Vivek

5/5/2016, Liberation Day. The same grounds from where V2 rockets were launched during the occupation.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

A7r, Olympus OM 85/2, The Hague

Status
Not open for further replies.