The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawfa

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Haven't posted for a while. A little high key of my first born (A7II + metabones + Canon 85mm 1.8).

doug

Calliope Hummingbird at his summer home in the Sierra Nevada

Sony a7II / Canon FD 500mm f/4.5 L

k-hawinkler

Santa Fe Shops

A7r2 + TechArt Pro LM-EA7 AF adapter + WATE @ 16 mm.

k-hawinkler

Now this is a Stretched Limo, seen near the Santa Fe Plaza. :facesmack:

A7r2 + TechArt Pro LM-EA7 AF adapter + WATE @ 16 mm.

k-hawinkler

A7r2 + TechArt Pro LM-EA7 AF adapter + Choppy - the Voigtlander Super Wide-Heliar 15mm f/4.5 Aspherical III Lens with VM Mount and petals expertly chopped off with a Dremel by Guy Mancuso. :thumbs:

Annna T

Here is something more spectacular than my "Unremarkable boroughs" series.

This week-end I paid a visit to the alpine village of Hérémence (altitude 1230m). This isn't a ski/mountain resort offering holidays flats and attracting tourist, but a typical alpine village. On its territory was built one of the largest dam in the Alps for the generation of electricity; the works lasted a little less than 10 years (in the fifties and sixties) and involved up to 3'000 workers. The financial resources of the community improved due to the revenue of the concession given to the power producers. And the community was proud of its large concrete dam and not afraid by modernity, on the contrary. In the sixties they decided to build a new church and they wanted a modern one. With the bishop they opened an architecture challenge, which was won by Walter Maria Förderer, who was mainly active in the German speaking part of Switzerland until then. He had learned sculpture, but not being able to live from it, he started a stage with the architect Herman Baur who was mainly working for religious architecture.

Even if the minds were more open to modernism and progress in the sixties, the erection of that church stirred up quite a controversy, between the traditionalists and the modernist. Here some pictures of it; in fact it is not only a church, but also offers several facilities for the community, like a library, several meeting rooms and even a post offfice :

All three were shot with Canon 24mm TSE lens, but mine is the first version and it is less sharp than what I get with the TSE 45mm or 90mm. I had flare problems too. But It is quite lighter and smaller than the second version.. so I'm not sure whether I should update or not.

Church by Förderer, Hérémence - 20160507_316a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Church by Förderer, Hérémence - 20160507_118a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Church by Förderer, Hérémence - 20160507_241a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

You can see more pictures of this church and its context at my Flickr account in the album entitled "architecture".

And if you read German, you can read more about Förderer here : http://www.swiss-architects.com/pages/hauptbeitrag/29_13_wmfoerderer and here : https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_F%C3%B6rderer

BTW, I'm still working on the series "unremarkable boroughs", but was using the Olympus OMD E-M5, so the pictures are in the MFT forum, in the fun with Olympus OMD thread.

Last edited:

frozenbb

Anna, thanks for sharing the history behind that intriguing structure! I like your first capture the best.

Here's another one from the American midwest, this time at a small airport and "planned aviation community." The buildings in the photo are actual homes with airplane hangers BUILT INTO THEM! Bizarre.

Stearman.

seb

On this weekend I made a stop in the village Romaintmôtier. It's a small village in the Jura Vaudoise with an old Abbey and the oldest romanic church in Switzerland. Beside the church the House of the Prior was build in the 13th-century. It was
designed to host important guests. Today there is a small restaurant inside and you can rent rooms for occasions. The Jura itself is a beautiful hilly landscape with a lot of farms and horses. More pictures from this visit on flickr (the best are already here :) ).
(all with A7RII and loxia21, except the one with the horses (85GM))

Status
Not open for further replies.