The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsng

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Evening at Changi Boardwalk, Singapore. Smooth reflection @256 shots. A7R2 w/Leica 19mm Elmarit-R

The Ute

Everyday this old, retired Ethiopian priest walks several hundred steps up a hill slope to reach this church inside a cave, Lalibela. A7R w/FE55

Awesome shot. Great subject and composition. Works well as a B/W.

Michiel Schierbeek

Prize question : How to find my bike .:ROTFL:
This is near a train station and you see often people searching for their bikes including myself :)

@ Bart; Sometimes I see other photographers wandering around on the Zuidas and I think, may be that's Bart :)

Annna T

Rue du Prieuré, Vétroz

Vétroz is a village situated at the bottom of the Rhône valley in Valais. It used to be a wine village and still counts several wine producers and vineyards. It is also included in the agglomeration of Sion which means spreading buildings of all kinds : one family houses, appartments houses and also stores in continuation of the commercial zone of Conthey.

The center of the village is rather heterogeneous, with houses from different periods, some renovated and some other decaying. Some houses are made of stones, others of wood and stones. You can still see old dilapidated barns which are rarely used as such nowadays. Last but not least, several houses have been demolished, leaving an empty place.

I spent spent a good hour there recently wandering in the center streets, but the quest wasn't too fruitful. I struggle with the TSE lenses because I want to avoid the use of a tripod. Skewed warped buildings could become my landmark :bugeyes:. And I struggle to bring some order in such a chaotic environment; the cars, lampposts, road signs and billboards are ubiquitous and rarely collaborating nicely with me. And there are so many possibilities to frame a picture that it is mind boggling.

A7rm2 and Canon TSE 24mm F3.5

Rue de l'Eglise, Vétroz - 20160515_082a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Slingers

I love gimmicks. My latest one is a bokeh plate that fits into a cokin p holder to create shaped bokeh.
A7S + SEL55F18Z

nsng

Awesome shot. Great subject and composition. Works well as a B/W.
The color version is fine, but the b&w version after a bit of work to darken the left side, especially the lower left, changes the image to one that focuses more on the old priest as the main subject. The light is from the right side from the cave entrance and progressively gets darker further into the cave. I was trying to capture this change. I have my M240 with my 35mm Summilux with me. But I would have to bend down low or squat down to try to capture this image. Moreover, with a 35mm I would have to go closer, very likely intruding into his comfort zone. The A7R2 with its lcd in a horizontal position allowed me to shoot tlr style. Shadow details from the A7R2 are better than what I could have captured with the M240. Thanks for the comments.

jotloob

Subscriber Member

A little bit playing around with ON1 PHOTO 10 EFFECTS .

_DSC0011.1.ON1.jpg

Knorp

This is near a train station and you see often people searching for their bikes including myself :)

@ Bart; Sometimes I see other photographers wandering around on the Zuidas and I think, may be that's Bart :)
Probably, as we are obviously the ultimate street shooters we don't recognise each other as possible photogs ... :LOL:

scho

Fall Creek at Stewart Park, Ithaca, NY. A7R with CV 15mm SW-Heliar III

Status
Not open for further replies.