The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-hawinkler

Re: Fun With Sony _____

From May 8 - 14 I participated in a photo workshop in Tuscany led by Hans Kruse (See details here).

It was a very worthwhile experience. We had a great group of 11 photographers and Hans is an excellent workshop leader. He's a fine instructor on the technical side of things and regarding what and how to shoot he doesn't tell you what to do but he brings ideas and suggestions you have to put in practice yourself. On the one hand that's harder, but also more rewarding and avoids too much copy-cat behavior. Also what you learn that way is probably maintained and sustained a lot longer.

I was the only Sony shooter in the group, the rest were all Canon and Nikon, but choice of equipment was never an issue and only marginally discussed. It was all about capturing the light and the beautiful landscapes.

Here's some pictures to give you an impression, hope you like them (as much as I do ;))

1: Sunset

A850 + Min 24-105 D

2: Misty sunrise

A850 + Min 80-200/2.8 HS G

3: Light rays over the hills

A6000 + E16-50 PZ

4: Evening light hitting the rolling hills

A850 + Min 80-200/2.8 HS G

5: Morning light on Villa Belvedere and the valley behind

A6000 + E16-50 PZ

6: Sunset near San Quirico d'Orcia

A6000 + OM Zuiko 85/2

7: Morning light kissing the rolling hills

A6000 + OM Zuiko 85/2

C&C more then welcome

Thanks Pieter. A phenomenal series. Wonderful soft light and moody imsges. Great composition and colors.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

I was wondering too, because he is such a regular member posting one lovely picture of Cornwall everyday. Such a long absence (3-4 weeks ?) almost becomes worrying.

Hopefully :
* He didn't switch to another system camera and leave the Sony forum,
* no one stole his camera and lenses,
* nothing bad happened to his folk and family,
* nothing bad happened to him either.
* and he is just having a pleasant travel or a restful holiday without easy access to the Internet.

But for sure, we all hope that he will soon be back with great pictures to show !
Thank you Annna and Ute for your very kind words...I'm still here but just enjoying everybody else's images for a change ;)
I have been and still am up to a point, totally bogged down with family matters...I hope to get out soon and take some images before I completely lose my sanity altogether :banghead:
Lots of great images everybody....Please keep it up :thumbs: :clap:
All the very best...Cheers Barry

scho

Just received a new A6300 and I've been trying it with several lenses. I really like the way this little cam performs with my two Contax N lenses (24-85 and 70-200) using a Fringer III adapter. PD autofocus is fantastic with these lenses.. Also hoping to get a TechArt adapter for my orphaned M mount lenses as well.

A pair of bluejays have been working on this nest for the past week. Shot with the 70-200 through our bedroom window.

and here is one of the jays on the nest, shot with the Tamron 150-600 using LAE3 adapter. Enterprising birds also found a cable tie to hold the nest together.

Paint hostas at the Cornell arboretum. Sony FE 28/2.

Last edited:

scho

Two more late evening shots taken with the A6300 and Contax N 70-200. These were handheld snaps using auto iso at 6400.

and a Catbird

From this morning, same setup, a pair of mourning doves.

Last edited:

scho

A few walkabout shots with the A6300 and Contax N 24-85 using Fringer AF CN-E adapter.

Anna, I'm really enjoying your new work with wider-angle TS lenses. My reaction is that with your longer lenses, I feel I'm standing at a great distance from the subject and seeing it almost through a telescope. What I especially like about these new ones is that I feel I'm standing right there with you and the camera, at a 'natural' distance for viewing the scene. :)

Kirk

Barry Haines

A return visit yesterday to this old, deserted farmhouse on Dartmoor.
Nun’s Cross Farm is also known by many in nearby Princetown as “Merripit House” considered to be the fictitious home of the Stapleton’s in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s novel the Hound of the Baskervilles.
Jack Stapleton was the leading protagonist that would under the cover of darkness release the monstrous hound to roam across the Grimpen Mire (Fox Tor Mire about ½ a mile away) in search of it’s prey Sir Henry Baskerville.

Presumably the padlocks and iron bars on the windows and door are still there to prevent the hound from getting into the house :eek:
A7RII + 21mm Loxia (Platinum toned and Daguerreotype toned treatment).

Right! We have lots of eucalyptus / blue gum trees that present a fire hazard because they ignite easily and burn at such high temperatures, with wildfires sometimes spreading to residential areas. There's been a controversy over thinning them: some regard them as a 'non-native' (that is, Australian) plant, to be uprooted; others like myself who grew up with them want them preserved, but thinned so that don't foster wildfires during our CA droughts.

This is a thinning project that I photographed because it looked so strangely like funeral pyres, or like a for witches to hold midnight rites.

Kirk

Annna T

Anna, I'm really enjoying your new work with wider-angle TS lenses. My reaction is that with your longer lenses, I feel I'm standing at a great distance from the subject and seeing it almost through a telescope. What I especially like about these new ones is that I feel I'm standing right there with you and the camera, at a 'natural' distance for viewing the scene. :)

Kirk
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write it down. Usually this is said for street photography, when there are people interacting. I didn't think it could be applied to architecture shots.

I had two TSE lenses : 24mm and 90mm. I took both for the Vissigen serie, but the 24mm was too wide and I used only the 90mm. That one was a little narrow, so I decided to add the 45mm and I think I like it : it is often the right focal when the buildings are low, which is the usually the case where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.