The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ute

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Is that a snake or a lizard ?
I can't tell from the photo.
Whatever it is beautiful shot. :)

nsng

Vesak Day ( Buddha's Birthday ) Celebration at Borobudur. A7R w/FE55 and Leica 19mm Elmarit-R

Every year on the birthday of Buddha or Vesak Day, thousands of people gather at Borobudur near the city of Yogjakarta, Indonesia to participate or witness the celebration. Borobudur is a large Buddhist temple complex built in the 9th century and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is Indonesia's single most visited tourist attraction. The highlight of the celebration is the releasing of up to 5,000 lanterns. Here are a few images from that night.

The Ute

Vesak Day ( Buddha's Birthday ) Celebration at Borobudur. A7R w/FE55 and Leica 19mm Elmarit-R

Every year on the birthday of Buddha or Vesak Day, thousands of people gather at Borobudur near the city of Yogjakarta, Indonesia to participate or witness the celebration. Borobudur is a large Buddhist temple complex built in the 9th century and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is Indonesia's single most visited tourist attraction. The highlight of the celebration is the releasing of up to 5,000 lanterns. Here are a few images from that night.

Awesome.
I'd love to visit.
They look like lit up jellyfish.
In my opinion you should enter the last photo in some contest.
It's so unique you might win. :)

Last edited:

teeraash

Despite reading many posts on the Voig 15/4.5 v3 FE mount concerning smearing corner, finally I've decided to get one and see it by myself. Probably mine is not the best copy but it is sufficient for my need. What do you think?

A7RM2 Voig 15/4.5 V3, Sony FE mount @F11 (F8 is equally good, may be center is a tad better but extreme corner is slightly less sharp.)

[/url]_DSC5766-Edit.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

The Ute

Despite reading many posts on the Voig 15/4.5 v3 FE mount concerning smearing corner, finally I've decided to get one and see it by myself. Probably mine is not the best copy but it is sufficient for my need. What do you think?

A7RM2 Voig 15/4.5 V3, Sony FE mount @F11 (F8 is equally good, may be center is a tad better but extreme corner is slightly less sharp.)

Looks excellent.

D

Deleted member 7792

What do you think?
Teera, that looks really good. My expectations for that lens were based on my use of the VM version. Your shot shows how sharp it is out to the edges of the frame. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

Knorp

I bought an Olympus 35mm shift lens for my used 𝛂7 and am mostly happy with it—great coverage, sharpness, and moderate easy-to-correct barrel distortion, but I did not do sufficient research before purchase—it’s single-coated and flares badly in strong backlight. Whilst I can fix much of the flare in post, that adds to processing time of course. Need to look for a multi-coated version. But before doing that, I will acquire a 24mm Olympus or a Pentax 28mm shift (I don’t particularly feel the need for tilt). These mounts are attractive because they will work on a Pentax K-1 which will be in my (destitute pensioner) future! Weight and size will be considerations, along with price.
Ian, a word of warning: I had the Pentax 28/3.5 Shift lens and although it did fine on the K5-IIs it was hopeless on the A7r ... just saying.

Kind regards.

Michiel Schierbeek

Ian, a word of warning: I had the Pentax 28/3.5 Shift lens and although it did fine on the K5-IIs it was hopeless on the A7r ... just saying.

Kind regards.
Yes, I think it completely worthless on the A7r, although with a lot of PP you can sort of get a decent picture out of it. Probably no good to print.
I'll wait how it will fuction directly mointed on the K-1. (without the interfearance of an adapter.)
I'll expect the Samyang to do a lot better.

Here are two shots on the A7r.

Barry Haines

Hi Teera, It’s a little hard to tell with a part sky image but I do think you may well have got yourself one of the better ones out there :thumbs: congratulations!
If it’s any comfort it does look better than my one did in the corners.

I had my name down for a Voigtlander 15mm III “E” mount lens months ago pretty much when it was first announced and was really looking forward to it’s arrival.
When it eventually arrived I did my usual routine (diagonal infinity at various apertures and focused distances) tests and all 4 extreme corners were badly smeared on my sample :facesmack: I was pretty disappointed to put it mildly as I really wanted this lens to work...To my surprise the zoom FE 16-35mm @ 16mm @ f/8 looked considerably better in the corners although possibly not quite as sharp in the centre...Agree f/11 corners did look improved over f/8 on my particular CV15 sample.

Another lens size comparison shot

Slingers

Is that a snake or a lizard ?
I can't tell from the photo.
Whatever it is beautiful shot. :)
Thanks, it's an eastern blue tongue lizard that lives in our garden. He was warming himself up in the sun.

k-hawinkler

Hi teeraash, could you please show us 100% corner details. Thanks.
After I did that to my lens I sent it back.

Good luck with your lens.

k-hawinkler

It's not as good as your Choppy Karl ;) but I have seen worse...mine for instance :scry:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129521954@N05/27230230172/sizes/o/

Thanks Barry, I agree on Choppy. Choppy is indeed an outstanding lens, in particular for use with the TechArt Pro autofocus adapter. Of course it's a keeper and sees a lot of use.

Nevertheless, I will try again for an E-mount version as I really liked the electronic integration of that lens with my A7r2. But I will apply Choppy corner performance standard to decide whether to keep an 15/4.5 E-mount lens or sent it back. :facesmack:

Status
Not open for further replies.