The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Two new from Zurich:

Overview from the Hönggerberg toward the lake at sunset (loxia21, a7RII):

Zürich

And the view back to Höngg from the river Limmat in the morning (85GM, a7RII):

Höngg

gurtch

A7RII, Zeiss 16~35 FE lens at f11, ISO 640, three shot HDR 2 stops apart using Auto Bracket and Monopod.
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJD713 framed.jpg

Barry Haines

Thanks Barry. A terrific image. I like the composition, colors, the roof, the waiting gulls... How often do they land fish there? TIA.
Many thanks Karl, It's pretty much in constant use with a couple of boats toing and froing with their catch throughout the day (fishing about a 1/2 mile out at sea)...Just out of site on the right hand side was the fresh fish stall but I believe a lot of the decent fish goes up to London (fine dining restaurants)...Cheers Barry

Annna T

From the series hydroelectric plants and energy. This is the plant of Bramois. It is a small plant that was built a little more than hundred years ago. Access to take pictures is difficult : the plant lies at the end of a road and the public can't enter. You can't walk around it because there is a steep slope. About the only way to get pictures is from the other side of the creek, but the vegetation is blocking the view most of the time.
My other frustration is that there was an open doors event on Saturday but I couldn't go because of family obligations. I just learned that they are changing all the internal equipment : the turbines etc.. A new one had already been installed, so the public could admire the new one standing along the older ones. I'm really unhappy that I couldn't drop there and see the interior of the plant. This event is what pushed me to start this series, along with the fact that electric energy is one of the main subject of political debate here.

The plant in context

Centrale de Bramois - 20160530_203a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Note the penstock leading the water down to the turbines.

Centrale de Bramois - 20160530_246a7ri by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr​

A nearer view

Centrale de Bramois - 20160530_110a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Last edited:

nsng

Light and Mist, Daeng Plateau, Central Java, Indonesia. A7r2 w/Leica 35-70 Vario-Elmar-R

This highland region has rich volcanic soil and one of the main crops is tobacco. At about 4.00 am in the morning, I walked up a rather steep slope to see and shoot the sunrise. Unfortunately, it was too cloudy that morning :(. Later during our drive around this area, I saw this layer of mist covering part of a lake and hill. From a slightly elevated viewpoint, I switched to APSC mode to frame this shot and even then I had to crop a bit.

scho

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Two images taken with the A6300 and E 10-18/4 OSS on a walk near the Cayuga Inlet. The 10-18 is a nice light weight, stabilized wide angle zoom for APS-C cams.

Another at 18mm in the empty market.

and a supermarket pepper pano

Last edited:

scho

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Backlit Amaryllis shot with the A6300 and Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar / TechArt III CG-E AF adapter.

frozenbb

Thanks Anna! Here's a silly one taken with the same combination. The FE 90 is a great lens. It's not as distortion free as my Minolta AF 100mm macro, or capable of producing as beautiful bokeh as my vintage Tokina 90mm F2.5 macro, but I'm still keeping it. Its nice to have a native option with modern coatings and OSS!

Tread carefully.

Barry Haines

Tom, Excellent images ^^^ You put the FE 90mm to good use with both of those shots.
Annna, many thanks, glad you liked it :) BTW...St Mawes Castle has a facsimile on the other side of the River Fal that is almost identical.
Pendennis Castle http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/pendennis-castle/

A7R + 21mm Loxia (BLENCOMO)

teeraash

Got my first Contarex yesterday. Still haven't done any test yet, only a few snaps after my breakfast today. A kind of classic lens, I think. This may be a lens with 3D rendering to bring out main subject without relying too much on bokeh.

Contarex 50/2

[/url]_DSC5867.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.