The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ute

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

" Strahlenburg Strahlend "

Strahlenburg Strahlend by Werner Utsch, on Flickr

ND64 Filter + SR 64 shots x 1/3 sec = 21 sec exp.
BW + Duotone: PS CC, LR CC

I don't much like architectural type shots but I have to say that one is just off the charts good.
Very spooky and at the same time beautiful.
Looks like the background shot for a Frankenstein movie.
It's unique enough that you should enter it into some contest.
It might just be a winner. :)

The Ute

Just wanted to say there have been some really great photos posted here lately.
Exceptionally so.
And to say how much I appreciated people sharing them.
No need to go into the names.
You know who you are.
Please keep it up. :)

jotloob

Subscriber Member

I would be very happy to understand all this .:banghead:

Barry Haines

I would be very happy to understand all this .:banghead:

Jürgen....If I may be so bold and take a guess as I believe Werner did something very similar earlier within this thread...very effectively I might just add :) :thumbup:
Attach a 6 stop ND (ND64) filter to your lens and using the smooth reflection (Playmemories App) take 64 images at 1/3 sec at F9
64 images at a 1/3 sec is actually..... 21 1/3 secs not 21 secs :ROTFL:
Cheers Barry

The Legend of Brentor Church
A7RII + FE 90mm

Last edited:

scho

Got my first Contarex yesterday. Still haven't done any test yet, only a few snaps after my breakfast today. A kind of classic lens, I think. This may be a lens with 3D rendering to bring out main subject without relying too much on bokeh.

Contarex 50/2

[/url]_DSC5867.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]
The exif for this image indicates that it was taken using a CV 15mm f/4.5 Heliar III. ?

dmward

90mm Macro G arrived today.
Was fiddling with it while watching the Cubs game.
This is one of our two cats.
1/30, f2.8, ISO 200 I think I'll like this lens.

20160602A7R2201606025009.jpg

jim251

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Pileated Woodpecker - At our house these woodpeckers are collectively referred to as "Big Bird." Taken at dusk through a window.

a6300, fe70-300mm @ 280 mm, f/5.6, iso 6400

SamSS

I'm sorry if it's a spam. I didn't have any super wide angle at the time.

7M2 + 35mm Art @ f5

7M2 + 35mm Art @ f2.8

7M2 + 35mm Art @ f1.7

7M2 + 35mm Art @ f2

7M2 + 35mm Art @ f4 -- The Sword of Justice

7M2 + 35mm Art @ f2.2

7M2 + 35mm Art @ f5

7M2 + FE 28 @ f5.6

7R2 + Samyang 135mm @ f2

7M2 + 35mm Art @ f1.4

teeraash

The exif for this image indicates that it was taken using a CV 15mm f/4.5 Heliar III. ?
I don't why but probably I did synchronize this image with the one taken with CV in library or LR automatically set up tag when I imported images. Either my error or LR shortcomings. Thanks for bringing this up. I'll have to look into it and make necessary correction.

jotloob

Subscriber Member

Jürgen....If I may be so bold and take a guess as I believe Werner did something very similar earlier within this thread...very effectively I might just add :) :thumbup: Attach a 6 stop ND (ND64) filter to your lens and using the smooth reflection (Playmemories App) take 64 images at 1/3 sec at F9 64 images at a 1/3 sec is actually..... 21 1/3 secs not 21 secs :ROTFL: Cheers Barry ___________________________ The Legend of Brentor Church A7RII + FE 90mm
Thank you very much Barry for your explanation . Actually Werner should do that . :p I have looked up the description of the PLAYMEMORIES APP for smooth reflection . For me all that is too much software in a camera . Especially SONY . Ohhhh , how simple is the LEICA Q handling in comparison . That reminds me of using my HASSELBLAD (V-SYSTEM) . All you need is a lightmeter , set distance , aperture and shutter speed and some filters . Not much different , if you use a digital back , as I do . Good old equipment will slow down your photography but will eventually give you more satisfaction .

nsng

Traditional Indomesian gong maker. A7r2 w/FE55

The traditional Indonesian gong maker factory is a fascinating place. The large piece of metal, I think it is bronze, is heated to red hot and then removed from the furnace and manually shaped by repeated blows with hammers and mallets. This is repeated many times. This factory is small, dark, hot and very dusty. As air is blown into the furnace, sparks and flame leaped upward. The working condition is very unhealthy and dangerous. The workers do not have safety shoes, protective clothing, masks or safety glasses.

teeraash

Hi Carl:

Finally I find out what was the culprit. It's the camera firmware glitch. All legacy lenses that used will have lens metadata as the previously installed FE mount lens. For example if I mounted 24-70/2.8 GM, all legacy lenses after that will have exif as 24-70 GM. This is very strange but after I upgraded firmware from 3.0 to 3.2, it seems to solve this problem (I hope for good). Thanks again for pointing out this problem.

Teera

scho

Hi Carl:

Finally I find out what was the culprit. It's the camera firmware glitch. All legacy lenses that used will have lens metadata as the previously installed FE mount lens. For example if I mounted 24-70/2.8 GM, all legacy lenses after that will have exif as 24-70 GM. This is very strange but after I upgraded firmware from 3.0 to 3.2, it seems to solve this problem (I hope for good). Thanks again for pointing out this problem.

Teera
Thanks Teera. I'm glad that you discovered the source of the problem and a solution. I have also experienced this problem but never knew what was causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.