The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annna T

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Crazy house in a very funny scene Annna!

You forgot to crop a little?! :)
Oops !

That was supposed to get filled with content aware in PS, but I forgot it. I wanted to keep enough grass at the bottom on the left side. I will try to correct it to-morrow : it's too late to launch the desktop now.

The house was part of a former glass manufacture in the XIXth century. The engineer who bought those buildings transformed the stores into this cosy habitation in 1880. The wood carvings are related to the Swiss style or Schweizer Holzstill : a reinterpretation of the vernacular architecture encountered in the mountain villages.

Last edited:

Annna T

Another (side)view of the Villa Lommel in Monthey for those intrigued by that house. Note the stained glass window at the entrance somewhat in the art nouveau style

A7rm2 and FE 28mm F2 (not the best lens for architecture because of distortion, but so small and light and very cheap here)

20160601_097a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Annna T

Hôtel de Ville, Monthey

This building was erected in 1710-1711. It was first an hospital housing sick and/or poor people, plus occasional pilgrims and travelers. At the beginning of the 19th century it was occupied by the girls school up until 1911. After that it became the property of the community and since then is housing the City Hall. The building was entirely renovated in 1922; that is when the balcony and the columns framing the entrance were added.

A7rm2 and Canon TSE 45mm F3.5

Hôtel de Ville, Monthey - 20160601_007a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Annna T

Rue du Moulin, Vétroz

The street and the bed of the creek were under works for a long time. They have just finished rechanneling the creek and the way they handled it is quite stunning, with all these barriers. But one can barely look at the water coming down anymore.

A7rm2 and Canon TSE 45mm F2.8

Rue du Moulin, Vétroz - 20160515_227a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

pegelli

What ! Not a single other picture in a whole day ? Are you no more having fun with your A7x ?
I don't have an A7x, so can't post pictures here. And I won't get one (yet) just to be able to post here.
On the other hand this is still one of the most busy threads, the generic "Fun with Sony__" and the "Artful Images/Brand-less" threads can go for a week or more before a next post comes in.

Maybe it's time to merge the "Fun with A7 Series" with the "Fun with Sony____" threads ;)

V

Vivek

Maybe it's time to merge the "Fun with A7 Series" with the "Fun with Sony____" threads ;)
Hell, no! Not again!

(The original fun with A7 was merged and it died. That was when the traffic to this site was high!)

pegelli

Hell, no! Not again!

(The original fun with A7 was merged and it died. That was when the traffic to this site was high!)
Haha, I thought you knew to not take me too seriously and I even put a nice ;) in as an extra hint.

Of course I wasn't serious suggesting the A7 owners should have to weed through the pictures taken with other Sony cameras :rolleyes:

V

Vivek

Most (gear) being junk like the NEX or the dead A mount and such. :LOL:

Annna T

Haha, I thought you knew to not take me too seriously and I even put a nice ;) in as an extra hint.

Of course I wasn't serious suggesting the A7 owners should have to weed through the pictures taken with other Sony cameras :rolleyes:
If it was just me, I'd like a forum where people would post the pictures they have taken with whatever camera they are using. For instance I own both an MFT and a Sony system and I'd prefer to show my pictures all in the same forum. But in the only general thread I know, you are about the only one to post and up until recently that thread was slower than the Sony one. Seems that I need to find another place to talk about photography. I'd prefer one where pictures and type of photography have the precedence over gear. Any ideas ? I have been exploring Flickr groups recently, but there is barely any discussion.

pegelli

If it was just me, I'd like a forum where people would post the pictures they have taken with whatever camera they are using. For instance I own both an MFT and a Sony system and I'd prefer to show my pictures all in the same forum. But in the only general thread I know, you are about the only one to post and up until recently that thread was slower than the Sony one. Seems that I need to find another place to talk about photography. I'd prefer one where pictures and type of photography have the precedence over gear. Any ideas ? I have been exploring Flickr groups recently, but there is barely any discussion.
I'm with you Annna, that's why I tried to breathe some life in other threads on this forum. I think gear is mostly unimportant for taking and discussing worthwhile pictures, but it seems not everyone agrees with me on that :p

But if others (incl. you) start posting and commenting in this thread we might get somewhere.

V

Vivek

You are looking for that unobtainable.

John W (among others) asked this question a while ago and the answer is it (the forum) is what you make of it.

Here is a link to the section where no one goes, apparently.

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/site-talk/57193-just-me.html

pegelli

Yep, story of our life, yesterdays' top gear is junk today.
Don't know how we can best deal with that :confused: Buying new gear doesn't really help, because that's yesterday's gear tomorrow :banghead:
For now I'm going to keep shooting with my junk, crazy but affordable :wtf:

Last edited:

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

I really like that last one Cooler, such a feeling of depth :thumbup:

Tuscany around sunset

A850 + Min 80-200/2.8 HS G

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

A lot of people who can't or won't buy the latest are making very nice images with NEX and A-mount gear.

I agree that we should put more emphasis on the photo than the gear, but talking about new gear is fun and a lot of people enjoy that.

There is a place here for everyone who is civil and interested in photography, no matter what your interest.

I like the idea of posting all of my Sony posts going forward to the "Fun with Sony" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.