The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Annna, Congrats on getting your 21mm Loxia...I’m sure you will get to grips with it...It’s a fantastic lens ;)

Barry Haines

Colorful! And maybe even more Vibrance would be OK?

Kirk
Thank you Kirk, you are probably correct I do have a lousy sense of colour at times ;)

I envy you for being able to capture wonderful images one after another.
Thank you Teera, I consider myself very fortunate to live in this wonderful part of the UK....Thanks :)

This is an older A7R image (not shown before)...I liked the small guy sitting on the grass on the left hand side balancing out the larger buildings on the right.

"ACROSS THE VALLEY"

Last edited:

scho

Re: Fun With Sony _____

My wife and I went for my annual birthday lunch at the Thirsty Owl bistro on Cayuga Lake. They make a very nice Pinot Gris and have a great view from the bistro deck. Epson A6300 with the E10-18.

chiquita

A7RII 50mm Summilux. Been playing with this image in Nik and ASE....... might have gone a bit overboard but I really enjoy post processing:)

DSC05284-Edit-2.jpg

Thank you for indulging yet again my odd taste for 'digital pictorialism.'

Kirk

PyreTreeSkyAgainpsd.jpg

A7rII (Kolari) & Mitakon

Last edited:

Annna T

From the series hydroelectric power plants.

Centrale de Martigny-Bourg : the building was built in 1904-1906 and has just been renovated. The north side you see here has seen an extension. The original building had those big church like windows with an arch at the top. They can still be seen on the other side, but I wasn't able to photograph that side. Clearly, the first plant I visited was the most interesting. More pictures can be seen in the Flickr album https://flic.kr/s/aHskAv1qy9

A7rm2 and Zeiss Loxia FE 21mm F2.8

Centrale de Martigny-Bourg - 20160610_221a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

A7rm2 and Zeiss Loxia FE 21mm F2.8

Centrale de Martigny-Bourg - 20160610_195a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Slingers

Went to see the vivid festival tonight. Its a 23 day festival where the buildings of sydney are lit up with art and various light art installations are around. It felt like a quarter of sydney was there tonight.

Cathedral of light

Opera house

Barry Haines

Looking over to West Looe
This is a 90% (image) + 10% (paper) blend with some old (French) Arches Platine Paper that I had lying about, from when I used to make platinum prints a couple of decades ago.
By blending the two together it reduces the D-Max of the image somewhat, thus also reducing the o/a contrast of the image further to what I consider gives a more pleasing appearance.
Originally toned using 100% opacity of the (Thomas Niemann) Palladium toning PS action...you can download here should you so wish Photoshop Actions | Classic Tones
I do think in this instance that Kirks 50mm F/0.95 Mitakon would have made a softer more natural pleasing image than my modern day Zeiss lens :facesmack:

Different subject matter but the same concept

Last edited:

scho

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Rough day for kite surfing. A6300 + Contax G 35mm Planar with TechArt III AF adapter.

V

Vivek

I do think in this instance that Kirks 50mm F/0.95 Mitakon would have made a softer more natural pleasing image than my modern day Zeiss lens :facesmack:

[]
AFAIK, Barry, the Mistaken lens is more recent than the Zony 55/1.8. :)

BTW, Way too cumbersome processing (but with excellent results)!

Status
Not open for further replies.