The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ute

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

You have to take in account the fact that our winters are milder than yours and our summers cooler due to the gulfstream, a current blowing from the west and producing a more temperate climate in Europe than in the US.

It isn't unusual to see snow at these elevations (higher than 2700) in mid June.
Thanks for the information.
Your Winters are not milder than ours though.
Southern Utah has a very mild winter.
Though I am sure your Summers are cooler.
This Tues. it will be 108 F here.
Of course in our high mountains much cooler.

k-hawinkler

Early this Morning • Contre-jour

A7r2 + Voigtländer 10/5.6 @ f/9
This lens seems to suffer quite a bit of pincushion distortion.
Correcting for it, as in the following image, sacrifices a lot of image area. :banghead:

I probably should have corrected a bit more. :facesmack:
The next image has been corrected as well, but not to the same large extent.

Barry Haines

CLEVEDON PIER...Platinum and Silver Chloride toned (Original image A7R + Leica WATE 16-21mm).
Blended onto some pretty old Saint Cuthberts Mill handmade velvet textured paper

One for a series on 'Individual Buildings,' and another for a set called 'Several Architectural Details.'

Kirk

DogpatchHistoricalDistrict.jpg\

ColorfulArchitecturalDetail.jpg

frozenbb

Here's an old one from the catalog, taken last June in rural Oregon.

Mill in the valley.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

More "Something to never forget" then "Fun with"

Bard Cottage WWI cemetery near Ieper, Belgium

A700 + Son 18-250

teeraash

I've acquired Contax/Yashica 28/2 recently. Still have no time to play and get myself familiar with it as I have to visit my mother at the hospital everyday. (She is 100Y old last Feb). After trying it today I think that it got a name "Hollywood" not for nothing. Please noted that the first image was shot wo at f2 and the rest at f2.8. At f2 it exhibits spherical aberration and makes skin looks so soft and radiant (the socalled Leica glow?). But at f2.8, it is very sharp with high acutance and micro contrast which is very evident if one magnifies images at 100%. Glad I bit the bullet and bought this lens. By the way, the 2nd and 3rd images were shot AF with Techart Pro. :)

A7R II Contax 28mm F2.0

At f2.0
[/url]_DSC8641.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

At f2.8
[/url]_DSC8652.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_DSC8792.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

fotografz

Contax "Hollywood" … one of my all-time favorite lenses. Congratulations!

jim251

Am really happy with the performance of the A6300. The AF tracking is really outstanding and keeps up with the hummingbird's style of drink/hover/drink. If you carefully acquire focus lock when they are at the feeder then the A63 tracks them pretty well until they fly away again. This also aids in getting the bird but without the feeder in the frame. No high-speed drive modes this close as it often seems to drive them off...

A6300, FE70-300 @ 250mm, f5.6

Yesterday I went out shooting ...

AnnieOakleyNoBorder.jpg

... at an exhibit that combined Terry Tempest Williams' writings with photography.

Kirk

RX1rII

Annna T

Here are some last pictures of the Grande Dixence complexe. This complex is composed of five different constructions situated on either side of the Rhône : the coupling station of Chamoson on the right bank and the powerplants on the left banks. What can be seen on the left bank is only part of the infrastructures : the main part is digged inside of the rock and we can only see a few openings. : the plant of Nendaz. The bridge is a private bridge.

The plant of Nendaz as seen through the bridge.
A7rm2 and Loxia 21mm F2.8

Grande Dixence, usine de Nendaz - 20160612_344a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

seb

I was in the Brewery Feldschlösschen today. It's founded in 1876 and they builded a small castle out of it over the first years.
All loxia 21 or FE55/1.8 and a7RII

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Seb, you really have to pay attention to the perspective distortions from the 21mm. Levelling the camera while making the photo is far better than post corrections, i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.