The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

teeraash

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Thanks Ute, I know that you meant that with good intentions :) ...I think congrats may all depend on ones outlook :) :( ;)
Unfortunately we now have a country pretty divided :cussing: & :clap: which is definitely not such a good thing :cry:
We shall have to wait and see what happens next.

Backlit red poppy...A7RII + 90mm Macro FE @ F/2.8 handheld

My country is as divided as ever with or without any sort of referendum. But looking at your poppy makes me feel better.

Annna T

Thanks Ute, I know that you meant that with good intentions :) ...I think congrats may all depend on ones outlook :) :( ;)
Unfortunately we now have a country pretty divided :cussing: & :clap: which is definitely not such a good thing :cry:
We shall have to wait and see what happens next.

I heard the leave camp touting the Swiss bilateral agreements way. Well, of course, they didn't come here to look at how difficult that path is. And it never ends.. the right wing here fought against our implication in the EEE in 1992 saying the bilateral way was better and won, but now that we are painfully going this way, they want us to go out of the bilateral agreements.

I looked at a map of the results in the Guardian and I was seized by the geographical discrepancies : there are not so many regions with results near of 50-50%, but rather a lot of 60-40% or 40-60%.

I wish you good luck nevertheless.

Barry Haines

My country is as divided as ever with or without any sort of referendum. But looking at your poppy makes me feel better.
Very sorry to hear that Teera...I hope that your country finds some mutual stability and peace...Thank you, I’m glad my poppy makes you feel a bit better :)

I heard the leave camp touting the Swiss bilateral agreements way. Well, of course, they didn't come here to look at how difficult that path is. And it never ends.. the right wing here fought against our implication in the EEE in 1992 saying the bilateral way was better and won, but now that we are painfully going this way, they want us to go out of the bilateral agreements.

I looked at a map of the results in the Guardian and I was seized by the geographical discrepancies : there are not so many regions with results near of 50-50%, but rather a lot of 60-40% or 40-60%.

I wish you good luck nevertheless.
Likewise thank you Annna...I think just about every countries political party has some regrets at the position they find themselves in :(
+ Most think the grass has to be greener on the other side of the hill, when it isn’t always...only time will tell.
Yes, our results (remain and leave) were all over the place throughout the country, with Scotland showing clearly that they wanted to belong still inside the EU.
I will finish with a link for the results for those who maybe interested; otherwise I shall leave it at that for fear of wandering OT.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

Last one for the night as it’s fairly late here...
This is Lands End looking out towards the Longship’s Lighthouse (BLENCOMO)

SamSS

7R2 + 35mm Art @ f1.4 and can't break faster than 1/8000s :)

@ f5

@ f2.2

@ 3.5

Annna T

Samss : the second one is my favorite of the lot. Looks like a nice lens, but way too heavy for my taste.

The Ute

7R2 + 35mm Art @ f1.4 and can't break faster than 1/8000s :)

@ f5

@ f2.2

@ 3.5
I had one and it was super sharp.
Just prefer going lighter.
Still no perfect 35mm solution.
I actually use the RX1RII for the 35mm but I lose IBIS.

The Ute

Samss : the second one is my favorite of the lot. Looks like a nice lens, but way too heavy for my taste.
And speaking of lighter.
I'm in the process of obtaining a Contax 90mm f2.8.
I generally don't care for manual focusing but this will be an exception.
Kind of a cheap experiment on my part.

Annna T

And speaking of lighter.
Which Contax lens are you speaking of ? The Zeiss Contax G 90mm F2.8 or another one for the SLRs bodies ?
The Contax G lens which I own is a nice lens, but it can be a little tricky to operate with the adapters. Especially with the techart smart adapter which is supposed to offer AF.

V

Vivek

And speaking of lighter.
I have one with metabones adapter if yiu have not already bought one yet. ;)

(Way too many 90mm lenses. The bokina 90/2.5, contax 90/2.8, M-Rokkor 90/4, may be few others that I forget.)

Annna T

Barry, I like this one, it is a superb romantic landscape and the boat has such a nice color contrasting with the other subtle beige, green, grey of the background.. And it deserves standing on a new page :). The high contrast of the clouds is well mastered, but perhaps a tad too strongly emphasized with respect to the beach sands and the waters ?

The River Camel taken the other day

River Camel 2...A7RII + 21mm Loxia (BLENCOMO)

Last edited:

The Ute

Which Contax lens are you speaking of ? The Zeiss Contax G 90mm F2.8 or another one for the SLRs bodies ?
The Contax G lens which I own is a nice lens, but it can be a little tricky to operate with the adapters. Especially with the techart smart adapter which is supposed to offer AF.
G 90 f2.8
I'm going to use a Fotodiox manual-only adapter.

- - - Updated - - -

I have one with metabones adapter if yiu have not already bought one yet. ;)

(Way too many 90mm lenses. The bokina 90/2.5, contax 90/2.8, M-Rokkor 90/4, may be few others that I forget.)
Thanks but I already bought it.
What is your opinion of it ?

Barry Haines

I hope you'll make a fine print of #2!

Kirk
Thanks Kirk, good idea :) I probably will make an A2 print from this image.

Barry, I like this one, it is a superb romantic landscape and the boat has such a nice color contrasting with the other subtle beige, green, grey of the background.. And it deserves standing on a new page :). The high contrast of the clouds is well mastered, but perhaps a tad too strongly emphasized with respect to the beach sands and the waters ?
Thank you Annna, glad you like the mood of this one :)
I think you may well be right...I just totally reworked this image to slightly detune some of the drama out of the sky (also letting some extra colour to bleed through the different various layers).
It’s always very hard to judge exactly just how these BLENCOMO images are going to finally turn out!...It all depends on just how contrasty the original colour image is to start with, this will eventually determine how much you cook the B&W image layers.

Padstow fishing boat returning to its harbour for the night... A7RII + 21mm Loxia (Tone mapped).

Annna T

Thanks Kirk, good idea :) I probably will make an A2 print from this image.

Thank you Annna, glad you like the mood of this one :)
I think you may well be right...I just totally reworked this image to slightly detune some of the drama out of the sky (also letting some extra colour to bleed through the different various layers).
It’s always very hard to judge exactly just how these BLENCOMO images are going to finally turn out!...It all depends on just how contrasty the original colour image is to start with, this will eventually determine how much you cook the B&W image
Like Vivek : I prefer the colors of the first version : the sands and waters have more subtleties. The second version is greener and the I prefer the red of the first boat.

pegelli

Can't seem to restrain my romanticism

Kirk
No problems with that Kirk, One of the things I like about your pictures that they're carefully composed and processed very different from many others we see here, and diversity is a very good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.