The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pradeep

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

You really need more than 1 visit to get the best out of the GFS.
True. This visit was with wife, in-laws and friends. On a rainy weekend. Imagine the crowds and the rushed feeling. I wanted a different angle to this particular photo because the 'normal' viewing of the exhibit is boring. Had to wait for people to clear out and yet had barely a half a minute to compose and shoot. Definitely need to go back and on a day when it isn't raining either.

Here is another one. Again, battling jostling crowds on the walkway overlooking this, waiting for the mist to be just right. Everything shot hand-held that day.

The Ute

A few shots taken at the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton NJ some years back.
Apologize that they are not Sony shots but I wanted to show what a great place this is.

Pradeep

Perfectly composed and a great example of OPA / other people's art.

Maybe a little less red, before you print it?

Kirk
Kirk, thank you. I have no idea why they are showing up here with a magenta tint. I am going to re-calibrate my monitor and try some other ways to upload, perhaps change the color profile.

jim251

Took this shot a couple of hours ago on Perranporth beach
Love it. Take out the pooch and lovely lady and it's a beautiful landscape photo. But with them it really comes to life. Your selection of the right fraction of a second was perfect. Nice work...

Barry Haines

Love it. Take out the pooch and lovely lady and it's a beautiful landscape photo. But with them it really comes to life. Your selection of the right fraction of a second was perfect. Nice work...
Thank you Jim...I think it may of been more luck than judgement.
I was even fortunate enough to get a gull fly through the crack between the rocks and the clouds kind of replicated the ripple on the wet sand.

This one also taken this afternoon was much more intentional on my part...The youngsters were dangerously fooling around on the rock...When I spotted the wind break with the words "Danger"
When one of the lads raised his hands like the sign on the wind break I knew I had the shot in the can so to speak...Thank you.

DLP

On the way to Queenstown, Crown Range Road, South Island, New Zealand
a7r + lea 4 + 135 ZA

Lake Tekapo, South Island, New Zealand
a7r + lea 4 + 24 ZA

DLP

Re: Fun With Sony _____

On the way to Albany, Pemberton, Western Australia
a900 + 135 ZA

Albany Windfarm, Albany, Western Australia
a900 + 135 ZA

Annna T

On the way to Queenstown, Crown Range Road, South Island, New Zealand
a7r + lea 4 + 135 ZA
Lake Tekapo, South Island, New Zealand
a7r + lea 4 + 24 ZA
I like the mood and the light of the first one most.

Barry Haines

For Barry (I thought I had already posted it here, but apparently not..)

A7rm2 and Canon TSE 45mm F2.8

Rue Traversière, Sion-Ouest - 20160709_046a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr
Thank you Annna, yep that's the one I was referring to!
I personally really liked this one from your recent set of street night shots...As the Cornish would say it's "Proper Ansum" :thumbs:
The dark void of night is nicely filled by the flare from the street light above without the inclusion of the light's harsh brightness which IMO would have been to distracting...The flare is also mirrored in the street markings below and holds the frame nicely altogether.
The white arrow (blue background) points down nicely to the bluish headlight trail of some passing vehicle during the longish night exposure...Composition, exposure and timing all very nicely handled while you risked your life by setting up your tripod in the middle of the road!
Thanks for posting...BTW the image just above is also excellent...Cheers Barry

Yes, Land's End, of course. I may actually have a picture of it somewhere myself from when we visited in '87 or so. Spent six yrs in England, the Southwest clearly was the best, IMHO. Beautiful. Thanks for posting.
Thank you Pradeep, apologies for late response...Agree the Southwest (Cornwall and Devon for me) are my two favourite counties...Both are beautiful in their own right and well worth a visit with lot's to photograph (Back in '87 it was even better and less spoilt than what it is today)...Cheers Barry

frozenbb

Here's one taken with my unsteady hands on the a7r at 1/10s. This was the sharpest frame I could get, sans tripod.

Englishman River Falls.

mediumcool

Kirk, thank you. I have no idea why they are showing up here with a magenta tint. I am going to re-calibrate my monitor and try some other ways to upload, perhaps change the color profile.
Pretty much straight magenta for me too—perhaps with a touch of yellow (iMac with OSX calibration). :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.