The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annna T

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Thank you Annna, yep that's the one I was referring to!
I personally really liked this one from your recent set of street night shots...As the Cornish would say it's "Proper Ansum" :thumbs:
The dark void of night is nicely filled by the flare from the street light above without the inclusion of the light's harsh brightness which IMO would have been to distracting...The flare is also mirrored in the street markings below and holds the frame nicely altogether.
The white arrow (blue background) points down nicely to the bluish headlight trail of some passing vehicle during the longish night exposure...Composition, exposure and timing all very nicely handled while you risked your life by setting up your tripod in the middle of the road!
Thanks for posting...BTW the image just above is also excellent...Cheers Barry
Barry, thanks for the kind words, I'm blushing now.. No, I don't think that I risked my life, probably less than when you climbs in the rocks walls on the Cornish shore to get the right POW :) In fact, the traffic run mostly on the perpendicular street, the one I was standing on is a lateral rather quiet street.

Annna T

I visited another power plant two days ago, but there are still a lot of pictures to sort out. So in the meantime here is a shot I took in Lausanne :

Lausanne, la Cité and the lake of Geneva in the background.

A7rm2 and FE 90mm F2.8 macro

La Cité, Lausanne - 20160716_017a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Trying to grow straight ...

...in a pretty crooked environment:

Kirk

TryingToGoStraight.jpg

A7rII Kolari 50 Mitakon f0.95

PS to Lucille: HOT yellow! Now that's what I mean by POP!

Last edited:

Thomas Erskine

I am doing a series on the churches in the city of London, and I went there yesterday. All shot handled and with A7mk2 and canon T-SE and Pentax 35mm shift adapter.
Captions below, from top to bottom.

St Benet paul's Wharf, Canon ts-e 24
St Nicholas cole, MF pentax 45mm
St James Garlickhythe, MF pentax 35mm
St Mary Aldermary, MF pentax 35mm
St Dunstan in the East, Canon ts-e 17

Attachments

Last edited:

Congratulations, Thomas, on this technically excellent, indeed almost perfect, documentation.

May I suggest working more for the feeling of the churches and their environment? Two sources of inspiration: dear old Eugene Atget, and contemporary Thomas Struh, who give the viewer the feeling of being right there.

Both were/are concerned with the light and the time of day, and picked hours with as few people/vehicles as possible, or waited to place them as well as possible - so hard to do now in a crowded city.

IMO the third and fourth are strongest from this point of view.

Kirk

Annna T

Many good pictures to admire this evening ! Thanks all for sharing.

Barry, your picture convey all the solemnity of this room very well. I'm sure that at the time the guests were very impressed by their host and his magnificent house.

Thomas : interesting project and yielding good results; may I ask which TSE lenses you were using ? I'm using the 90mm, the 45mm and the 24mm (first version, not very sharp). I'm thinking to either upgrade to the 24mm second version or to the 17mm, but I have not yet made my mind about which one I should get.

Here is my daily picture, or should I say a night picture .. There is a light and sound show going on during the summer season. Alas the spectators are standing behind the two castles and no lights are showing up on Valère (on the right). Also the blue light isn't that photogenic. Still a little event to record from my window. May be I'll go up to the castles one of these coming nights and see what I can do with that..

A7rm2 and FE 90mm F2.8 macro.

Valère and Tourbillon, Sion - 20160717_418a7r2i by rrr_hhhr, sur Flickr

Lunging tree

One of the dangers of getting lost on a trail in a fairytale

Kirk

LungingTree.jpg

A7RII Kolari Mitakon 50 0.95

(I wish I had a Noctilux like Doug's for smooooth bokeh!)

Lucille

the color pop of the 25mm Batis on the A7S.

I am loving how this lens draws a image, it has a quality that has me lusting for more. Black cars are not the easiest of images, and the Batis shows the depth of the paint, on Sony's lowly 12mp sensor.....

seb

I like the seperation of colors in the picture: blue, green, yellow, white. And all composed nicely together.
I would love to have a window with a similar view over Zurich in my flat. :)

Barry, your picture convey all the solemnity of this room very well. I'm sure that at the time the guests were very impressed by their host and his magnificent house.

Thomas : interesting project and yielding good results; may I ask which TSE lenses you were using ? I'm using the 90mm, the 45mm and the 24mm (first version, not very sharp). I'm thinking to either upgrade to the 24mm second version or to the 17mm, but I have not yet made my mind about which one I should get.

Here is my daily picture, or should I say a night picture .. There is a light and sound show going on during the summer season. Alas the spectators are standing behind the two castles and no lights are showing up on Valère (on the right). Also the blue light isn't that photogenic. Still a little event to record from my window. May be I'll go up to the castles one of these coming nights and see what I can do with that..

Last edited:

Thomas Erskine

Thanks Annna, I have edited my original post with captions.
I am using TS-E 17 and 24 mk2(never used the 1st version but at f11 my one is very good and better than the 17mm) I also use Pentax 35 and 45mm MF lenses, the 35 is very good but the 45 is not so good.

Saxbike

A covered bridge in North Georgia and Toccoa Falls. All shot with Sony a7 and FE 16-35mm f4.

Covered Bridge (from below)

Date Taken: 2016-07-18 16:33:58

Covered Bridge, Georgia

Date Taken: 2016-07-18 16:28:56

Covered Bridge Interior 1

Date Taken: 2016-07-18 16:31:24

[size=4Toccoa Falls[/size]

Date Taken: 2016-07-17 13:03:02

Status
Not open for further replies.