The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucille

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Another with the A7S and the 25mm batis shot wide open, as I always tend to shoot.

mediumcool

Après lunch at the Little Hunter

Sony a7 with Tokina 17mm at 1/15 f/5.6 ISO 6400

mediumcool

On reflection, I thought Peter looked a little fake—pale and cool-looking—he, and the whole frame, are now darker, and more moody

Better, worse or just different?

Barry Haines

On reflection, I thought Peter looked a little fake—pale and cool-looking—he, and the whole frame, are now darker, and more moody

Better, worse or just different?
Maybe a slight improvement...moodier as you say + skin tones look better
Personally I would have liked it (more) had you removed the empty glass from the table...just my 2p worth
Otherwise a very nice natural/relaxed portrait
Cheers Barry

Last edited:

mediumcool

The second one is fine, though I might prefer the one right in between ;)

Kirk
Bloody typical! :p

Seriously, three different renders were layer-composited in Pixelmator—one was made lighter, and selectively revealed to shore up detail in murky areas, and the layer representing Peter had its CT lifted above the others in C1 to [counterintuitively] warm his skin tone etc.

mediumcool

Maybe a slight improvement...moodier as you say + skin tones look better
Personally I would have liked it (more) had you removed the empty glass from the table...just my 2p worth
Otherwise a very nice natural/relaxed portrait
Cheers Barry
Remove the glass with the lace residue from the Little Creatures Pilsner? OMG! That was the Beer-Of-The-Day at $6 a schooner! :p

Seriously, the empty glass helps tell the story of happy consumption; it’s an environmental and documentary picture! ;)
I took four shots—this was the third, and the only one that was at all sharp—still had to use a sharpening radius of 2px, well up from the C1 default of 0.8.

Re drinks, we had four LC Pilsners (two each) and shared a bottle of Penna Lane Cabernet, a fine South Australian wine from the Clare Valley; all that helped with being relaxed and natural!

Last edited:

jim251

Selfie with Hummer

Ha. Couldn't resist...

Tip: If you want to walk among the Hummingbirds I highly recommend getting a bright red shirt. They'll come right up to you to investigate and all you will be able to think about is "please, please don't peck my eyes out". Of course they won't but you'll still be thinking it...

A7R2, FE70-300 @ 290mm, f/5.6

Pradeep

Remove the glass with the lace residue from the Little Creatures Pilsner? OMG! That was the Beer-Of-The-Day at $6 a schooner! :p

Seriously, the empty glass helps tell the story of happy consumption; it’s an environmental and documentary picture! ;)
I took four shots—this was the third, and the only one that was at all sharp—still had to use a sharpening radius of 2px, well up from the C1 default of 0.8.
I agree, the glass and bottle do complete the picture, else it becomes an ordinary portrait, IMHO

V

Vivek

Selfie with Hummer

Ha. Couldn't resist...

Tip: If you want to walk among the Hummingbirds I highly recommend getting a bright red shirt. They'll come right up to you to investigate and all you will be able to think about is "please, please don't peck my eyes out". Of course they won't but you'll still be thinking it...]

Red shirt on, will a RX1R(II) suffice? :)

SamSS

How coincidence. I was there last week at the Yellowstone.

7R2 + Sigma 35mm Art

7R2 + Sigma 35mm Art

7R2 + Sigma 35mm Art

7R2 + FE 70200 @ 70mm f4

7R2 + FE 70200 @ 70mm f10

7R2 + FE 70200 @ 200mm f4

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

How coincidence. I was there last week at the Yellowstone.

7R2 + Sigma 35mm Art

Status
Not open for further replies.