The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Sorry, I have to comment a little bit. But, only because I enjoy it every morning to look at this thread. :)

Anna, I'm with Pradeep with your Power Plant series. On the last two presented shots, the first one is much better. Although it would be nice to have it without the rail in the front but with more of the hill with the watertubes . The second one is closer, but does not has more information to the first shot. Except the roof behind the trees in the lower left part. I'm wondering what this is... :)

Barry, I prefer the Buckland Monachorum and the Wild Flower series over the secret garden. Your new display was a good investment. The colors and contrasts are perfectly set. I couldn't resist to go back to some of the pics a few times. :) But may you post the picture in portrait format with a lower resolution in the future? I have to scroll on these quite a bit on my 2560x1440 display (e.g. Secret Garden VI). The landscape format is perfect as it is.

Werner, thanks for all the nice shots of the Tessin in the last weeks. The last one is a very nice BW.

Lucille, nice new approach with the BW-look. I love your car-pics and your special workflow, but on this shot the new processing was a good descision.

SamSS and Landscapelover, thanks for the Yellowstone shots. Need to put this place on my travel-list (beside Barrys Neighbourhood). :p

Barry Haines

Seb...thanks for the above :) ........But here is another Secret Garden image :p :grin:

Unbelievable Annna...nothing for 13 hours then we post within a minute of one another :banghead: (My Apologies...That's a very nice image).

Annna T

Seb...thanks for the above :) ........But here is another Secret Garden image :p :grin:

Unbelievable Annna...nothing for 13 hours then we post within a minute of one another :banghead: (My Apologies...That's a very nice image).

Nice old stones Barry with a curious opening under that arch and just a ray of light to attract attention on the canons in the background. Beautifully composed as usual.

No need to apologize, Barry... it is just our usual hour. :)

PS : I'm interested by your new PC computer because I've got some problems with mine. May be that I'll send you a private mail to-morrow.

benroy

Subscriber Member

Dear Barry: I am a huge fan of your work, and look forward to seeing it every day...but...please: stop messing with the color.
Just share straightforward images like the garden above...Looking forward to seeing more.

Roy Benson

Pradeep

Barry, awesome stuff. Really beautiful images. Goes very well with my morning cuppa :D

Barry Haines

Dear Barry: I am a huge fan of your work, and look forward to seeing it every day...but...please: stop messing with the color.
Just share straightforward images like the garden above...Looking forward to seeing more.

Roy Benson
Barry, awesome stuff. Really beautiful images. Goes very well with my morning cuppa :D
Many thanks guys, your kind comments are very most appreciated :thumbup:

Roy...I think you are probably right....the trouble is I can't bring myself to stop experimenting (well not completely that is! :) )...I'm sure people love or hate what I do at times :( :)...I'm sure at times I do spoil a perfectly decent image that should have best been left alone...Thanks again.

scho

Test shots with the Sigma 70mm f/2.8 macro lens mounted on the A7r-FS (with CC filter on the lens) via the Sigma MC-11 adapter. MF only with this lens (it tries to AF but doesn't make it). I'll try also with the A6300 that has PDAF, but want to use it mainly with a Sigma SDQ.

dwood

Roy Benson
Roy,

Like you, I'm also a fan of Barry's work and I always look forward to seeing his pictures too. While I can appreciate where you're coming from, creativity is, IMHO, something we should embrace, not shy away from. I often find inspiration in a picture where the photographer has given us an alternate view of a scene we'd normally expect to see "as shot". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it allows us to look at things a bit differently, and I think this is a good thing.

I'm drawn to Barry's 'straightforward' images just as you are but also appreciate and enjoy when he, and other gifted photographers here, shares work that might be considered to be just a bit left of center.

my 2 cents

-Doug

The Ute

A few from another visit to the Tushar Mountains of Utah.
The second highest range in the State.
A7rII/Batis 25

Barry Haines

Roy,

Like you, I'm also a fan of Barry's work and I always look forward to seeing his pictures too. While I can appreciate where you're coming from, creativity is, IMHO, something we should embrace, not shy away from. I often find inspiration in a picture where the photographer has given us an alternate view of a scene we'd normally expect to see "as shot". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it allows us to look at things a bit differently, and I think this is a good thing.

I'm drawn to Barry's 'straightforward' images just as you are but also appreciate and enjoy when he, and other gifted photographers here, shares work that might be considered to be just a bit left of center.

my 2 cents

-Doug
Thank you Doug, that pretty much is the way I feel...I do realize what I produce when I experiment is not necessarily everybody's cup of tea so to speak and that I "don't" pull it off every time so I do understand what Roy is saying!...But then I don't want to limit what I do to just straightforward record photography as I would quickly tire of doing just that ;)

The word "Pictorialism" and the link is worth a read https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pictorialism for anybody who is interested in the history of photography.
In particular the "Linked Ring" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Linked_Ring.

Cheers Barry

Edit: Ute and Anil - Lovely evening time landscape images guys, nicely seen and executed.

Last edited:

The Ute

A couple more from my recent visit to the Tushar Mountains of Utah.
A7RII/Batis 25

Annna T

Wow Carl ! this one has an incredible presence and depth.. I like it. Thanks for sharing.

Test shots with the Sigma 70mm f/2.8 macro lens mounted on the A7r-FS (with CC filter on the lens) via the Sigma MC-11 adapter. MF only with this lens (it tries to AF but doesn't make it). I'll try also with the A6300 that has PDAF, but want to use it mainly with a Sigma SDQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.