The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmward

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Here are two from the other morning.
Both with 70-300 on A7RII
The sail boat image is at 300mm F5.6. The flower is at F5.6 203mm. with the flower focus was on the petal rather than the stamen.
A7R22016072709552.jpg

A7R22016072709557.jpg

scho

Handheld IR shots using the A7r-FS and Sigma 70/2.8 Macro lens.

Couple of seedlings emerging from a decaying tree in the forest. (590nm filter)

Sixmile creek (No filter)

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Nice images Barry, you're on a roll :) The background seems just a tad busy in this image for me. On the other hand, I do like the mystery of the woods that are not quite fully blurry though, so you might lose that if you were fully wide open?
Thanks Anil....Yes it was shot wide open at f/1.4...As this one was.

scho

Handheld IR shots using the A7r-FS and Sigma 70/2.8 Macro lens.

Couple of seedlings emerging from a decaying tree in the forest. (590nm filter)

Sixmile creek (No filter)
One more of Sixmile Creek with the 590nm filter:

Annna T

Shot yesterday and it is about the first time that I can get the moon right (almost right since the long exposure makes the crescent bigger than it was), but the Sony files have an incredible dynamical range. The file type was set to uncompressed raws. The camera/captor did even see the unlighted part of the moon, which isn't visible with naked eyes. I'm still impressed. I kept the aperture at F6.3 because I wanted to get the moon sharp too. I kept the ISO at 200 in order to get the max DR. But I may try with a higher ISO and a larger aperture in order to get shorter exposure times. That is : if the clouds go away this night.

Sion under the moon

A7rm2 and Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro F6.3 30 sec. ISO200

Valère et Tourbillon, Sion - 20160729_018a7r2i-2 by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Barry Haines

Shot yesterday and it is about the first time that I can get the moon right (almost right since the long exposure makes the crescent bigger than it was), but the Sony files have an incredible dynamical range. The file type was set to uncompressed raws. The camera/captor did even see the unlighted part of the moon, which isn't visible with naked eyes. I'm still impressed. I kept the aperture at F6.3 because I wanted to get the moon sharp too. I kept the ISO at 200 in order to get the max DR. But I may try with a higher ISO and a larger aperture in order to get shorter exposure times. That is : if the clouds go away this night.

Sion under the moon

Excellent Annna, you always present Valère et Tourbillon, Sion in so many different ways :thumbup:
BTW. Just received your PM...Many thanks.

Strangely I drove down to St Michael's Mount today (our castle in the sky).
Spent the day photographing it from various angles... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Michael's_Mount

Pradeep

Sion under the moon

Hi Anna, nice capture. I am no expert on this, but maybe you could try a higher ISO to get a shorter shutter speed. I know you probably need the smaller aperture for DOF. The stars in your photo are already starting to show trails, I believe the longer the focal length, the shorter the shutter speed needs to be to prevent this. Perhaps ISO600 or 800 with a 10-15 second exposure may work better.

And yes, the moon does become somewhat egg-shaped with its unlit half showing up. I think that is unavoidable no matter what.

jim251

Re: Fun With Sony _____

The Hummer's sharp tongue saved this image from the recycle bin and made it my favorite from the session. With the camera in silent mode and wearing their favorite red shirt, I was able to shoot from < 3 ft away. There were a few birds present, just racing all around me and seemingly not concerned in the slightest that I was there. Truly memorable!

Mrs. 251 and I are moving in 3 weeks and hate to say goodbye to our great backyard bird setup. While visiting our new place I asked about the local bird population and was told to expect hummers to show within 15 minutes of unveiling the feeder. Count me in!

A6300, FE90mm, f/4, 1/250, iso800

mediumcool

When will someone please fix the title of this thread? Being a person afflicted/blessed by OCD (select one!), it gives me the Jimmies every time I receive an email notification!

Status
Not open for further replies.