The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun With Sony _____

The Hummer's sharp tongue saved this image from the recycle bin and made it my favorite from the session. With the camera in silent mode and wearing their favorite red shirt, I was able to shoot from < 3 ft away. There were a few birds present, just racing all around me and seemingly not concerned in the slightest that I was there. Truly memorable!

Mrs. 251 and I are moving in 3 weeks and hate to say goodbye to our great backyard bird setup. While visiting our new place I asked about the local bird population and was told to expect hummers to show within 15 minutes of unveiling the feeder. Count me in!

A6300, FE90mm, f/4, 1/250, iso800
Jim, beautiful image (note to myself to get a red shirt ;) ).
Good luck to you and the Mrs. 251 with the move...look forward to seeing more hummers
Cheers Barry

AlanS

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Excellent work everyone! Too many to mention individually.
I've been trawling my archive and decided not to sell my A7 even though I find it very frustrating (unlike my Fuji which I love to use). However my Contax 35mm f1.4 needs full format to shine, so I am going to persevere. Here is one from last year that I overlooked......

Annna T

Hi Anna, nice capture. I am no expert on this, but maybe you could try a higher ISO to get a shorter shutter speed. I know you probably need the smaller aperture for DOF. The stars in your photo are already starting to show trails, I believe the longer the focal length, the shorter the shutter speed needs to be to prevent this. Perhaps ISO600 or 800 with a 10-15 second exposure may work better.

And yes, the moon does become somewhat egg-shaped with its unlit half showing up. I think that is unavoidable no matter what.
Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your comment... but may be you didn't read what I wrote above the picture ;-) I'm well aware of the question of star trails, since I have also taken some shots at the Milkyway those past two years. The rule of thumb for astro photography is 500/focal length. So here 500/90mm so ideal exposure time would be 5 sec. I chose not to up the ISO, because you loose a lot of DR and then all the highlights, including the moon get burned. I could have open the aperture a bit more, may be that I was a little too conservative there. That said, I'm not really bothered by the star trails, a bit more by the moon : the small waning crescent was very nice to see, but I liked how the other half was also showing up. I didn't have a chance to try again yesterday evening, it was too cloudy.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

^^ very nice jim251 and good luck with the move :thumbup:

Sunrise over the trees in our backyard

A850 + Min 100-400 APO

scho

A few full spectrum shots with the A7r-FS and Sony 10-18 in APSC mode. First and last time for this lens on the A7r because of poor performance with blurry/smeared edges. Works perfectly on my A6300 that I loaned to my son for a trip to Germany.

D

Deleted member 7792

Granddaughter at the pool last week. Eye AF, AF-C and Continuous Shooting:Hi.

dwood

'Whiteworks - Foxtor Mire - Dartmoor' - Barry, this is outstanding! I feel like I'm standing there with you.

Joe - capturing the innocence and joy of childhood is, I think, just about the best type of picture making that one can do. Thanks for sharing that picture of your Granddaughter.

Barry Haines

'Whiteworks - Foxtor Mire - Dartmoor' - Barry, this is outstanding! I feel like I'm standing there with you.

Joe - capturing the innocence and joy of childhood is, I think, just about the best type of picture making that one can do. Thanks for sharing that picture of your Granddaughter.
Thank you Doug :) If you had been next to me, we would have both been swallowed up by the mire :eek: ...that tiny clump of mud I was standing on was moving and definitely wouldn't have supported both of our combined weights :grin:
I would have hated myself for pushing you in!....just so I could save my own skin :rolleyes: :D ;) :ROTFL:

Agree...Joe captures the perfect moment with his Granddaughter...She poses wonderfully in front of his camera.

Yesterday, some colleagues described the wonderful landscape of Dartmoor at lunch. I had a few pictures in my mind, thanks to you. :)

A7RII + 55/1.8

Clouds
Seb thank you :)
Those clouds of yours are wonderful! Just as we get over on Dartmoor....you would love it there....huge potential for photography that I or others have never tapped into.
Cheers Barry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.