The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

1. of August is our national holiday. Since I can walk, we bought "Rageetli" (swiss word for "small rockets" but means firework) and "Frauefürz" (directly translated it is "woman fart" but are lady crackers) and fooled around with it. Also this year with more than 40 years old. :)

1. of August
(A7RII + all 85GM, exept the volcano (Loxia21) and the firework (Zony55)

Pradeep

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your comment... but may be you didn't read what I wrote above the picture ;-) I'm well aware of the question of star trails, since I have also taken some shots at the Milkyway those past two years. The rule of thumb for astro photography is 500/focal length. So here 500/90mm so ideal exposure time would be 5 sec. I chose not to up the ISO, because you loose a lot of DR and then all the highlights, including the moon get burned. I could have open the aperture a bit more, may be that I was a little too conservative there. That said, I'm not really bothered by the star trails, a bit more by the moon : the small waning crescent was very nice to see, but I liked how the other half was also showing up. I didn't have a chance to try again yesterday evening, it was too cloudy.

Ah, Anna, I missed that. Yes, short star trails do not matter and long ones are in fact sometimes desirable. The moon does get distorted especially when it is in a corner, hard to deal with that unless you clone off the eggy bit.

Pradeep

1. of August is our national holiday. Since I can walk, we bought "Rageetli" (swiss word for "small rockets" but means firework) and "Frauefürz" (directly translated it is "woman fart" but are lady crackers) and fooled around with it. Also this year with more than 40 years old. :)

Seb, great photos. I really love the one with the little car and the crackers in the back, this lens is amazing!

Having grown up in India, we had Diwali, the festival of lights each year where fireworks are a major part of the fun. Even in the US these past 30-some years we've celebrated the same way but in New York fireworks are banned, so we end up going to my brother's place in Connecticut. The neighbors think we are having a late July 4th :)

D

Deleted member 7792

Backyard critters

Joe

Annna T

Seb : The last of your pictures is my favorite. Simple but effective.

I did also take some firework pictures from my window, but can't post in this thread because it was shot with the Olympus E-M5II. But I posted a few in the MFT forum here : http://www.getdpi.com/forum/4-3rds-cameras/4390-fun-4-3rds-cameras-image-thread-post701195.html#post701195

I was also busy reprocessing pictures I had taken back in 2006 with a Canon 5Dclassic. Some are visible in the PAW thread here : http://www.getdpi.com/forum/artful-...ture-week-have-fun-post701044.html#post701044

But I'll go back to the A7rm2 soon and hopefully be able to post a picture in this thread again. Meanwhile I admire the skills demonstrated here by the last pictures shown.

1. of August

AlanS

That's mighty impressive Barry! ^^^^^
A few new ones from this morning (more tree's I'm afraid).....
A7 Rokkor 58mm PF f1.4

And this used to be one..

Barry Haines

What a breath taking location for a restaurant!!! Beautiful image as usual.
Dave
Thank you Dave...This was until just 4 years ago known as the Headlands Hotel at Port Gaverne about a mile away from Port Isaac...It was often used for the filming of the TV Doc Martin series...great views as you say :)
It's hard to believe looking at the sorry state of it now, that it was once a very nice hotel with a reasonable restaurant, friends of ours used to stay here and none of us can believe the unfortunate demise of the place :(

These are the views from Port Gaverne looking straight up the coast Northwards towards Tintagel...Tintagel is just left, on the Horizon.

seb

Three more from mother-in-laws garden:

A7RII+85/1.4 (portrait scale) and +55/1.8 (landscape framed)

D

Deleted member 7792

Thank you Dave...This was until just 4 years ago known as the Headlands Hotel at Port Gaverne about a mile away from Port Isaac...It was often used for the filming of the TV Doc Martin series...great views as you say :)
It's hard to believe looking at the sorry state of it now, that it was once a very nice hotel with a reasonable restaurant, friends of ours used to stay here and none of us can believe the unfortunate demise of the place :(
Barry, that's sad. What a scenic location for a hotel and restaurant. As a Doc Martin fan, I've probably seen that location many times, not knowing quite how marvelous the landscape context was. Thanks for sharing the story.

Joe

Bugleone

........That's been my unexpected surreal picture for today!!.......that people in South Carolina watch Doc Martin!! What on earth can they make of it's whimsical stupidity?....They probably think that all of us here are like that and Doc is 'normal'......one can just imagine them sitting around sipping mint juleps (whatever that is) and guffawing over those crazy limies.......

........it's about time there was an episode where the good doctor was pushed into the harbour and left to drown.

Barry Haines

Barry, that's sad. What a scenic location for a hotel and restaurant. As a Doc Martin fan, I've probably seen that location many times, not knowing quite how marvelous the landscape context was. Thanks for sharing the story.
Joe
Many thanks Joe, it is indeed a beautiful location...It appeared in the earlier seasons and then seemed to get phased out as the series continued, just as the hotel started needing money being re-spent on it.

........That's been my unexpected surreal picture for today!!.......that people in South Carolina watch Doc Martin!! What on earth can they make of it's whimsical stupidity?....They probably think that all of us here are like that and Doc is 'normal'......one can just imagine them sitting around sipping mint juleps (whatever that is) and guffawing over those crazy limies.......

........it's about time there was an episode where the good doctor was pushed into the harbour and left to drown.
I admit it does seem a bit surreal that others watch this program so far away from here...What I don't understand is when you say that the Doc isn't normal :confused:
Drown the Doc!...Oh dear, never hopefully!....not why it keeps most of Cornwall employed together with Poldark :D

D

Deleted member 7792

...and guffawing over those crazy limies.......
LOL. You mean Doc Martin isn't a reality show? I'm disappointed. :ROTFL:

BTW, I'm in North Carolina sipping Chardonnay. :cool:

Joe

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Careful Joe ....

They all will be thinkin that the Carolinas never got back together after the war .... or the Virginias, Dakotas, (Ar)Kansas .... and then there is Tex-Mex.:) Oh wait thats what we
have here with our Chardonnay.

The Doc is ok ... we prefer Morse and Lewis.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.