The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim251

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Ruby

First time this year that a Ruby came by when I was already ready to go. I was shooting in silent mode at mfd and this little guy stayed for maybe 10 seconds, then poof and gone. Since the A7R2 won't shoot silent+continuous at the same time the A6300 got the call - am looking forward to some of the A6300 strengths to trickle-up!

A6300, FE70-300@200mm, iso3200, f/5.6, 1/250

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

We made a short trip to the mountains over last weekend. As I had a broken toe, hiking was more moving from bench to bench. :)

Tschiertschen - Graubünden
(a7RII+Loxia21)

Tschiertschen

Grossvatersbänkli

Seb, what fantastic landscape. You and Annna have such incredible views just on your doorstep....A broken toe, Oouch!!!

Near Penzance at Tremenheere we have a sculpture garden with variety of different artists work on show.
I was particularly interested in the installation work of James Turrell. I would best describe his work "SKYSPACE" as entering a giant inverted elliptical funnel with smooth light reflective walls and an elliptical hole in the roof to help you concentrate on the ever changing sky above you...The light in the chamber was constantly changing in brightness and contrast.

TREMENHEERE - James Turrell - Art at Tremenheere - Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens

MORE SKYSPACES - http://jamesturrell.com/work/type/skyspace/

I waited for full brightness to capture the shape of the strong light reflected on the walls together with a changing sky
A7R + 21mm Loxia

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun With Sony _____

"Suddenly
I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me
Oh, Yesterday.....".

Annna T

Les Jardins de Prélaz, Lausanne 2016
This is a social housing complex which I photographed in January 2006 for the first time. I was curious to see how it would be ten years later.

A7r2 and FE 55mm F1.8

Jardins de Prélaz - 20160812_011a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

I ought to say that I prefer the one I took in 2006. The light propably plays a big role : I was a little too early (4 pm) and the summer sun of this beautiful day was extremely harsh.

Les Jardins de Prélaz, Lausanne 2006 Canon EOS 5D and Tamron 28-70mm F2.8

Jardins-de-Prélaz, Lausanne - 20060109_MG_2209_5Di-2 by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

mediumcool

Time for a dog picture

Sony a7 Tokina 17mm 1/3 second at some aperture ISO 1600

gandolfi

Subscriber Member

Nothing.
In both instances the first pic is the oldest and the last pic is the newest.;)
The trees didn't die, they grew.
Sorry, I may have got that the wrong way round, but my brain hurts at the moment!!

Annna T

Nothing.
In both instances the first pic is the oldest and the last pic is the newest.;)
The trees didn't die, they grew.
Thank you .. I put the first picture taken in 2006 in second, because they were shot with a Canon 5D, not an A7rm2. It was January then and the complex was just finished. The trees here loose their foliage in winter, with the exception of the Christmas trees :)

Status
Not open for further replies.