The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

f 10

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Smooth Reflection | 192 Shots | 1/8sec | f7.1 | ISO100
a7r | FE 4/16-35mm @ 16mm

Barry Haines

Foggintor Quarry Dartmoor...A7RII + 21mm Loxia
The stone that was quarried from here went into the construction of the historic Princetown prison on Dartmoor (1806)
History of Dartmoor Prison

The First Prisoners
First prisoners arrived on 22nd May 1809 and the prison was full by the end of the year. It soon became overcrowded and remained so. In April 1813 American prisoners began arriving and the overcrowding became worse. Outbreaks of diseases – pneumonia, typhoid, smallpox, etc. killed more than 11,000 Frenchmen and 271 Americans. Their graveyards and memorials are at the rear of the prison. The wars finally ended and the prisoners were repatriated, the last of them leaving in early 1816. The prison then closed until opening again as a penal establishment for criminals in 1850.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Foggintor Quarry Dartmoor...A7RII + 21mm Loxia
The stone that was quarried from here went into the construction of the historic Princetown prison on Dartmoor (1806)
History of Dartmoor Prison

Many thanks Barry. What a stunning image! WOW!
I love the composition, light, colors, texture, mood, and the waves in the water that give it a rather graphical component as well.
Perfect post-processing masterfully done!
The image has your signature features, easily recognizable without reading the label. :)

Barry Haines

Many thanks Barry. What a stunning image! WOW!
I love the composition, light, colors, texture, mood, and the waves in the water that give it a rather graphical component as well.
Perfect post-processing masterfully done!
The image has your signature features, easily recognizable without reading the label. :)
Many thanks Karl, most appreciated.
Slight change of subject...Did you finally manage to get yourself a "E" mount CV15 in the end...I know that you have Guy's "Choppie" + acquired a very nice CV10 "E" mount?
TIA, Cheers Barry

k-hawinkler

Many thanks Karl, most appreciated.
Slight change of subject...Did you finally manage to get yourself a "E" mount CV15 in the end...I know that you have Guy's "Choppie" + acquired a very nice CV10 "E" mount?
TIA, Cheers Barry
Thanks Barry. No, I haven't.

The 15/4.5 E-mount became just available again but has the same copy variation problem. Voigtländer doesn't admit they have a problem, according to this email from them. Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review - FM Forums
So, getting a good one will continue to be a crap shoot. No thanks at this time.

I am using Choppy on my TechArt Pro autofocus adapter that also enters the focal length into the Exif. I can live with that and have AF and 5-axis IBIS image stabilization. Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock at B&H Photo - FM Forums

I really like as well my E-Mount 10/5.6. Here AF is not important, simply set focus to infinity, aperture to f/9, and shoot to get a sharp image pretty much almost into the corners. F/8 or f/9 seems to be the sweet spot, slightly improving the corners over f/5.6. I am using f/9 or f/11 a lot for increased DoF.

Barry Haines

Thanks Barry. No, I haven't.

The 15/4.5 E-mount became just available again but has the same copy variation problem. Voigtländer doesn't admit they have a problem, according to this email from them. Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review - FM Forums
So, getting a good one will continue to be a crap shoot. No thanks at this time.

I am using Choppy on my TechArt Pro autofocus adapter that also enters the focal length into the Exif. I can live with that and have AF and 5-axis IBIS image stabilization. Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock at B&H Photo - FM Forums

I really like as well my E-Mount 10/5.6. Here AF is not important, simply set focus to infinity, aperture to f/9, and shoot to get a sharp image pretty much almost into the corners. F/8 or f/9 seems to be the sweet spot, slightly improving the corners over f/5.6. I am using f/9 or f/11 a lot for increased DoF.
Thanks again Karl bringing me up to date with the situation, most appreciated......Not sure then if I can even be bothered taking another chance on getting yet another 15mm again, that's if Voigtlander can't address a problem experienced by many of us...Might now try the CV12mm "E" mount or the 12mm Laowa, depending upon which one comes out on top...Cheers Barry

k-hawinkler

Thanks again Karl bringing me up to date with the situation, most appreciated......Not sure then if I can even be bothered taking another chance on getting yet another 15mm again, that's if Voigtlander can't address a problem experienced by many of us...Might now try the CV12mm "E" mount or the 12mm Laowa, depending upon which one comes out on top...Cheers Barry
Thanks Barry.

You may want to have a look at the 10/5.6 as well. So far only very few copy variation issues have surfaced.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1429742/0#13555559
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1445433/0#13680289

The bulk of the 10/5.6 lenses delivered, including mine, are sharp in the center and across the lens except for the extreme corners at f/5.6. No smearing though, as happens for many of the 15/4.5 III VM- or E-mounts, including the one I sent back. Of course, a good copy of the 15/4.5 III, such as Choppy, has sharp corners even wide open that minimally improve by f/5.6.

A Voigtländer 10/5.6 lens is different in this sense, only the very extreme corners never get completely sharp.
But for my taste they are sharp enough and have no smearing.
Please have a look at my 10/5.6 lens, full resolution, f/5.6-f/22.

https://winklers.smugmug.com/KHW/Pics-by-Date/2016-06-07-A7r21056-FE-Corner/i-LrHfSJ3

My lens seems typical for most of these lenses delivered.

Barry, please let us know about your take on the CV12mm "E" mount or the 12mm Laowa. TIA

Cheers, Karl-Heinz

Barry Haines

Thanks Barry.

You may want to have a look at the 10/5.6 as well. So far only very few copy variation issues have surfaced.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1429742/0#13555559
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1445433/0#13680289

The bulk of the 10/5.6 lenses delivered, including mine, are sharp in the center and across the lens except for the extreme corners at f/5.6. No smearing though, as happens for many of the 15/4.5 III VM- or E-mounts, including the one I sent back. Of course, a good copy of the 15/4.5 III, such as Choppy, has sharp corners even wide open that minimally improve by f/5.6.

A Voigtländer 10/5.6 lens is different in this sense, only the very extreme corners never get completely sharp.
But for my taste they are sharp enough and have no smearing.
Please have a look at my 10/5.6 lens, full resolution, f/5.6-f/22.

https://winklers.smugmug.com/KHW/Pics-by-Date/2016-06-07-A7r21056-FE-Corner/i-LrHfSJ3

My lens seems typical for most of these lenses delivered.

Barry, please let us know about your take on the CV12mm "E" mount or the 12mm Laowa. TIA

Cheers, Karl-Heinz
Thanks for that Karl that's all very helpful, will do :) ...the 10mm does indeed seem less troublesome as you say (glad you got yourself a good'un)...It's amazing that they can get the 10mm so right, yet they can still screw up some of the 15mm lenses now in it's 3rd generation!!!...I have had a sum total of 4 number 15mm lenses from Voigtlander since the Mk1 and not one of them was particularly good in the corners...enough is enough for me.
The 12mm FL with up to a x1.5 crop will take me to 18mm, so that joins up nicely with the 21mm Loxia or I can revert back to my 16-35mm FE which performs pretty decent at 16mm...anyway thanks for bringing me up to date...I knew that you would :)
Popped into my local pharmacy to pick up my prescription the other day and the guy at the counter had just been bitten by an adder in our local park (Lanhyrock, Cornwall), his leg was in a dreadful state!... I have come across adders in Cornwall but strangely never yet walking across Dartmoor.
The long walk back from the Dartmoor quarry to my car just as it was getting dark.

Lucille

"u mad bro?"

A7R II, 70-200mm @ 200mm f/2.8, ISO100, 1/2000sec.

seb

Hahaha, great shirt on your son lucille. :D Is there an online store for that?
Barry, I have to copy Karls words, very nice!
f1.0, I like both shots. First for the special use of the SR-app and second for the separation in the front.
Annna, thank you for this update. You showed one of the old shots several months ago and I was wondering how this place changed over time. Happy you showed us.

As I'm re-organize my workplace, workspace and picture library at the moment, I stumbled over a shot from Silvester last year. Some may remember, we had no snow fall in december. So I made a hike above 2500m at 31.12.2015 instead of skying. As the ground was frozen and very very dry the grass had an unnatural color from yellow to bordeaux. The mountain is the Piz Curvér (rhaeto-romanic: crow mountain). It has an altidute of 2971m.

Piz Curvér
a7RII+FE90/2.8 G Macro

Piz Curvér

Last edited:

The Ute

Storm Clouds
A7RII/Tamron 70-300 f11
Tone mapped and processed in Topaz adjust

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

^^ great shot, love the different expressions of the animals

Feeding the seagulls

A700 + Min 80-200/2.8 HS G

nsng

Early morning sunrise at Sanur Beach, Bali. A7R2 w/Leica WATE

nsng

Fisherman casting his net, Sanur Beach, Bali. A7r2 w/ 35-70 Vario-Elmar-R
The guide made arrangement for this fisherman to be present for this early morning shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.