The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Barry, there are some green/cyan stripes in the red/purple on the stone to the right and also in the meadow to the very left.

The sky is great, but the ground has a little bit too much contrast and red for my taste. ;)

Barry Haines

Barry, there are some green/cyan stripes in the red/purple on the stone to the right and also in the meadow to the very left.

The sky is great, but the ground has a little bit too much contrast and red for my taste. ;)
Thanks Seb for the feedback...Alison confirms your findings :thumbdown: I should have run it past her before uploading...My colour blindness and over processing trying to open up the shadows are to blame...apologies everybody :eek:
Hopefully this is a bit better...
The trail to two bridges - Dartmoor. Taken yesterday afternoon.
A7R + 21mm Loxia

seb

You can update the shot in flickr and update the post within the first 24h. I would love to see teh pic through Alisons color profile. :)
Wounderful trail. Now I have a mind to go for a hike. But my toe need still some recovery after an hour of walk...

Thanks Seb for the feedback...Alison confirms your findings :thumbdown: I should have run it past her before uploading...My colour blindness and over processing trying to open up the shadows are to blame...apologies everybody :eek:
Hopefully this is a bit better...
The trail to two bridges - Dartmoor. Taken yesterday afternoon.
A7R + 21mm Loxia

nsng

Beautiful!

I simply love these kind of silhouettes. Thanks for posting. Will see if I can dig some up.
Thanks Pradeep. I had to leave my hotel at 5.00 am to catch the sunrise. Fortunately, it was low tide that morning and I was able to go further out from the beach. Bali can be very touristy and crowded in many of the places. But most tourists are still asleep and will not get up at 5.00 am to shoot sunrise.

nsng

The fishing net makes that picture IMO, it is more than just the beautiful silhouette of the man and construction.
Thanks Anna. The fisherman threw the net in several directions, but this image with the net just touching the water is about the best of the series. To capture this image, I shot in Continous mode, something I rarely do. The small island with the 2 structures adds an element of interest in this image as well.

pegelli

The petroleum company that dare not speak its name
Reminds me of a joke, hope that's allowed here.

A guy crossing the desert in a jeep runs out of gas. After waiting an hour or so suddenly a bee comes along and asks what the problem is. Once he understands he goes to the jeep and urinates in the tank and tells the guy it's enough to get to the next village. He starts the jeep and just before leaving he asks the bee "can I do that as well, urinate in the tank and get going again?". The bee responds, and says "Nope, only BP works" ;)

Barry Haines

Wistman's Wood - Wistman’s Wood | Legendary Dartmoor
Nestled on the eastern slopes of the West Dart river stands a wood of dwarf oak trees. Once you walk into the tangled web of trees you are transported into a mystical world of moss carpeted boulders, lichens of all descript, finger like oak branches, all engulfed in a wonderful smell of earth and age. For millennia this small, mystical, stunted woodland has been held in awe and for many fear.

"The wood is said to be the kennels where the diabolical ‘Wisht Hounds‘ are kept. These are a pack of fearful hell hounds who hunt across the moors at night in search of lost souls and unwary traveller’s"

seb

Well, I bought 1.5kg of apricots du valais and it reminded me at the discussion we had in this thread a few weeks ago:

Dents du midi, as seen from the rest area on the highway.
Relais du Chablais, Yvorne - 20160716_032a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr
...I have the taste of apricots on my tongue, when I look at this picture. :).
Thank you Annna, I guess so!
... Seb is tasting apricots, with your last image, so well done yourself!
Maybe there is a need for an explanation for my strange comment. :) I connect view and taste very fast. The valais is quite famous for its tasty apricots and it's season at the moment. :)
Concerning apricots : you have to drive a little further than that to find them, this is the region of the "chataignes" (Kastanien ? In German and perhaps marroons ? In English)
I made (among other things) a pie out of them. :)
These are not the best shots, but I was busy... :clap: CAKE! :clap:
A7RII + FE 90/2.8 G (except the last from the next day: FE85GM)

Apricots du Valais

(I cut out the sign of the plastic packing)

Last edited:

nsng

Water purification ceremony at the Tirta Empul (holy water spring) Temple, Bali. A7r2 w/FE55

Pradeep

Thanks Pradeep. I had to leave my hotel at 5.00 am to catch the sunrise. Fortunately, it was low tide that morning and I was able to go further out from the beach. Bali can be very touristy and crowded in many of the places. But most tourists are still asleep and will not get up at 5.00 am to shoot sunrise.
I agree completely. When I am on my wildlife trips we typically get up well before 5AM to be able to get to the location before sunrise and watch as the mist slowly dissolves around us, revealing the stories of the night. Sometimes it is a pride feeding on a freshly killed wildebeest, sometimes it is a pair of large Red lechwe resting in a meadow, but it is always beautiful even if it brings home the harsh reality of nature.

Nothing like getting up early to greet the world :D

seb

Re: Fun With Sony _____

nice colors. like a painting.

although the angry looking cow on the left does disturb the idyll. :)

D

Deleted member 7792

Hummingbird Moth and unidentified friend

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Another one from Jazz Middelheim

The Ben Sluijs Quartet (Ben Sluijs/sax-flute, Bram Delooze/piano, Lennart Heyndels/base, Dré Pallemaerts/drums)

A6000 + E16-50PZ

seb

Offene Rennbahn Örlikon
Swiss Championship of scratch race and points race
(a7RII + 85GM)

Winner points race

Status
Not open for further replies.