The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

We had an incredible storm saturday evening; it lasted about two hours and the lightning and thunder followed each others in short sequences. It was spectacular. Here is one example I could catch. The storm crossed the valley from left to right.. I tried to make a composite, but it didn't come out very good because the colors of the lightning was changing.. Sometimes the sky almost turned magenta.. sometimes it was more blue/green.

A7r and FE 24-70mm F4

Storm over Sion - 20160827_022a7r2i-2 by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr
Picture perfect!!! I wish I took it.
Thanks for sharing.
I couldn't help playing around your picture in PS (hope you don't mind) :) I found out darkening the sky a little made the picture more moody. It made this perfect picture even more perfect to me.

Pramote

Barry Haines

Picture perfect!!!
Thanks for sharing.
I couldn't help playing around your picture in PS (hope you don't mind) :) I found out darkening the sky a little made the picture more moody.

Pramote
^^^ Pramote...I'm now curious to see your version :) ^^^

WATCHTOWER II

frozenbb

I've been playing with the Smooth Reflections app - I believe this was 64 subs.

'Channels'

The Ute

Dramatic light over one of our local Mesa's.
A7RII/Zeiss Batis 25

chiquita

Some pics from the prestigious Concours d'Elegance at Windsor Castle, UK. I took the M240 and ZM50 1.5 and seemed to get into the flow with these but I took the A7RII with the Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 II which I thought would be the more useful fl :) Here are some from that combo.

Windsor by christilou1, on Flickr

scho

Re: Fun With Sony _____

A few shots taken during a visit to Mackenzie-Childs near Aurora, NY. A6300 with the FE 10-18.

Main office, studios, and shop.

In the shop. Some bizarre wares.

This building is home for the peacocks and other exotic birds that wander around the estate.

One of the many gardens, nice bed of coleus. Cayuga Lake just visible in background.

Former home of one of the co-owners, but now used only for offices.

An old barn at Long Point Winery, just south of Aurora, NY.

Annna T

Picture perfect!!! I wish I took it.
Thanks for sharing.
I couldn't help playing around your picture in PS (hope you don't mind) :) I found out darkening the sky a little made the picture more moody. It made this perfect picture even more perfect to me.

Pramote
Thank you for your suggestion.. I'll try it. Here is another of the same day, I darkened the sky a little in this one. As a note : this lightning striked the church tower of a mountain ressort. Here are a few pictures of the damage : http://www.lenouvelliste.ch/article...turer-la-foudre-sur-le-clocher-572856?image=2

Sony A7rm2 and FE24-70mm F4 @ 24mm

Storm over Sion - 20160827_044a7r2i-3 by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Hi Anna,

Thank you very much for giving me the permission. As I said, I wish I took this picture.
Please don't get me wrong, photography is a cup of tea, people's interpretations are usually different.

Best regards,
Pramote

Annna T

Hi Anna,

Thank you very much for giving me the permission. As I said, I wish I took this picture.
Please don't get me wrong, photography is a cup of tea, people's interpretations are usually different.

Best regards,
Pramote
Thank you ! it is always interesting to see how other postprocess. It is ok for me too, save in the upper right corner where it has become a little too dark for my taste, making that part a little too heavy. But in the middle, where the lightning comes from it makes things a little more contrasty and that suits me. I was lucky because that was an incredible storm which lasted a long time and occurred right in front of me. That kind of even is quite rare here, especially with that kind of intensity. Modern cameras like the A7rm2 makes it much easier to catch such pictures. My only regret is that I underexposed the pictures in my haste to set up everything and not miss a lightning. Had I know it would last that long, I'd have taken my time and shot several test pictures. Happily the A7rm2 deliver incredible malleable files..

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Thank you ! it is always interesting to see how other postprocess. It is ok for me too, save in the upper right corner where it has become a little too dark for my taste, making that part a little too heavy. But in the middle, where the lightning comes from it makes things a little more contrasty and that suits me. I was lucky because that was an incredible storm which lasted a long time and occurred right in front of me. That kind of even is quite rare here, especially with that kind of intensity. Modern cameras like the A7rm2 makes it much easier to catch such pictures. My only regret is that I underexposed the pictures in my haste to set up everything and not miss a lightning. Had I know it would last that long, I'd have taken my time and shot several test pictures. Happily the A7rm2 deliver incredible malleable files..
It's absoltely an outstanding capture.
Luck is not chance. It’s Toil...Emily Dickinson

Pramote

frozenbb

Another tripod+"smooth reflections" experiment. Taken earlier tonight near my home.

The Strait of Georgia #16

Update:

For those curious, here's what the scene actually looked like! Cheers.

r​

pegelli

P, great beach scenes. See you are still shooting the a850 - good for you.
Thanks Mikal, I had a bit of a scare a month ago when it was suddenly "dead". Sent it to a repair shop and apparently during a repair of the AF and iris unit 2,5 years ago they wrongly installed an insulation sticker between two boards which caused a short (eventually). So they reapplied a new sticker and it's humming like before again. So no excuse to get an A7 series camera yet :facesmack:

pegelli

Enjoying the late afternoon sun in front of the Basilica di Santa Croce

A6000 + E16-50PZ

The Ute

Another from Zion NP.
This from the Taylor Creek trail.
A7R II/ Batis 25

Annna T

Another tripod+"smooth reflections" experiment. Taken earlier tonight near my home.

The Strait of Georgia #16

Update:

For those curious, here's what the scene actually looked like! Cheers.
Thanks for sharing both. That's a fantastic landscape.. Personnally, I don't like what the app does to the clouds. And the water looks nice, but I prefer the more realist look of the second picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.