The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenbb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

As always, thanks for the comments, Annna.

The app mimics long exposures by combining several short exposures, so the funniness of the clouds is basically the clouds moving across the frame. I did think about combining the water of the first with the clouds of the second, but I'm not sure that I care enough on an image that doesn't do much for me. I may try the scene again under more interesting lighting conditions!

Incidentally, what has inspired me as of late are the abstract landscape paintings of the Canadian artist Lawren Harris: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawren_Harris

My first "shot" above was an attempt at recreating a similar atmosphere to that found in his work.

seb

"A rainy day"
Botanischer Garten - Bern
(a7RII + 85GM)

frozenbb

Intriguing light, Barry! Nice catch!

Here's a more heavily cropped one from last night, with a color palette and processing to better reflect the mood I was trying to achieve.

'Calling Lawren Harris'

Bugleone

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Forgot about the number plate....Duh!

We're SO cool!....We look like yanks!

Tank transporters are ok, but it's time to go home!

A photo?...let me get out of the way!

NEX 3 & 18-55

Bugleone

Graham,......Not sure what I'm looking at but that's a fantastic shot!......very 'Daliesque'.

D

Deleted member 7792

More critters, some a little creepy looking. :bugeyes:

Joe Colson on Flickr​

frozenbb

Graham:
'A dark night in the desert' is the stuff of nightmares, well done! That beastly Rokinon sure does work well for wide field astrophotography, doesn't it? No coma!

Barry:
'Wistman's Wood II' is the stuff of fairy tales, well done! I really love your choice of pseudo infrared and palladium toning - perfect for the scene.

Joe:
As Barry said, your lovely macro shots are somewhere in between, well done!

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Thank you guys...Tom + Seb + Pieter for your very kind comments :)

Tom, much enjoyng your excellent (smooth reflections app) images.
Seb, nice to see some GM 85mm images, lovely bokeh WO with that lens...I'm jealous :)
Pieter, excellent images in the other Sony thread...But I STILL wish you were posting them here my friend ;) :)

Just playing around with Nik/Google ColorEfex...this one has been through the mangle as you can see :D

Last edited:

Bugleone

Lucille,......That's superb light!........is it fill-flash on the monument?

Annna T

As always, thanks for the comments, Annna.

The app mimics long exposures by combining several short exposures, so the funniness of the clouds is basically the clouds moving across the frame. I did think about combining the water of the first with the clouds of the second, but I'm not sure that I care enough on an image that doesn't do much for me. I may try the scene again under more interesting lighting conditions!

Incidentally, what has inspired me as of late are the abstract landscape paintings of the Canadian artist Lawren Harris: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawren_Harris

My first "shot" above was an attempt at recreating a similar atmosphere to that found in his work.

Just as info : I don't like what long exposure is doing to the clouds in my pictures either.. So it just comes as a question of taste. I'll have a look at that Canadian artist; I didn't know him.

Modern cameras and the developing of new apps is changing what one can do with photography a lot. For me not all is a benefit. Lately for instance I was questioning my night pictures : the photo result is made very appealing, but it doesn't correspond to what you really see with naked eyes : in reality, the picture should be much darker; the camera really see in the dark things your naked eyes can't. There is also the question of the white balance. We are accustomed to see the night "blue" but in reality, it is much more grayish. If I was presenting the castle pictures nearer to reality, they won't get as many likes ... This right now is bothering me..

Annna T

More critters, some a little creepy looking. :bugeyes:
Joe, you are taking wonderful pictures where everything is perfect... but don't expect me to put a like on a bug picture, because saying that I like a bug would be a lie. Hope you will forgive me, it has nothing to do with your pictures, only with the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.