The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Wow, that must have been one hell of a show. Some of my favorite musicians on that stage. Great shot too!:thumbs:
Thanks for the comment, and indeed it was fantastic music and performance on a nice day of Jazz Middelheim in Antwerp this year

Lalinde, a small town in the Dordogne region

NEX6 + Nokton 35/1.2 II

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Thank you Barry for the comments and also the link to the video. I shot two versions as you noticed using the 45mm & 17mm TSE lenses.

This is at Silo City in Buffalo NY. Well worth coming along to the photo workshops here to gain access to the huge silos and amazing architecture.

Barry Haines

Thank you Barry for the comments and also the link to the video. I shot two versions as you noticed using the 45mm & 17mm TSE lenses.

This is at Silo City in Buffalo NY. Well worth coming along to the photo workshops here to gain access to the huge silos and amazing architecture.
Likewise thank you Graham - Liked them both :)

It must be about 25 years ago when I last stayed in Buffalo...back then it was the usual tourist trail stuff...Niagra Falls etc...
As much as I love Cornwall and Devon Alison and myself would dearly love to travel again and hope to do again one day

Meanwhile more from Newlyn, Cornwall

Last edited:

Annna T

I do like going to art galleries and exhibitions where I generally come away feeling inspired by other artists work, only wanting to try and do something a little bit more creative or different myself...I then asked myself the question what on earth could I possibly photograph within these bland minimalist white painted wall rooms, if this was my entire world!...the truth is not a lot :(
These images are the close-up imperfections in the white walls themselves where the light strikes a surface...it could be a stairwell, ceiling, floor etc...cobwebs, scuffs, scratches, particles in the paint itself, dried out old cracked paintwork joints etc...Anyway I'm sure you get the idea ;)
All images Sony 35mm Distagon wide open at f/1.4 taken inside the "Newlyn Art Gallery" (Platinum Toned)...thanks for looking.
Barry, I'll repeat what I said at Flickr : That a great minimalist series ! I like them very much. I wish I had taken them.. The geometric figures cast by the shadows more than the little imperfections is what draws my attention and makes them work for me. I find that they gain a lot when presented together side by side; on a (big) wall, you could group them 2x5 or 3x3. They look better at Flickr when you see them all together in the gallery, than here where you see them one by one.

Barry Haines

Barry, I'll repeat what I said at Flickr : That a great minimalist series ! I like them very much. I wish I had taken them.. The geometric figures cast by the shadows more than the little imperfections is what draws my attention and makes them work for me. I find that they gain a lot when presented together side by side; on a (big) wall, you could group them 2x5 or 3x3. They look better at Flickr when you see them all together in the gallery, than here where you see them one by one.
Thank you Annna, for your very kind comments (both here and on Flickr)...glad you liked them:)
Light and shade are the main elements in this 10 image series, the imperfections are just secondary
As you say they would probably hang well altogether in rows...Thanks again

From this evenings walkabout.
Ended up at Bodmin Steam Railway station.

Slingers

Most of my photography lately has been snapshots of the kids but I thought i would share one.

scho

Re: Fun With Sony _____

One of several kayak&SUP parking stations along the waterfront trail where boaters can lease a space to store a boat. A6300 + TAP + Contax G 28mm Biogon (M mount).

Annna T

These past days, I've been visiting rest areas along the highway. I first got intrigued by a construction I was seeing with the corner of my eyes.. I found out that there are very impressive constructions in these rest areas which are mainly containing the toilets, plus a picnic place. After a first trip last week I looked at google maps to find out others.

Here are a few I photographed yesterday; first a general view.. yes, yes there are only the men's rooms and women's rooms in that imposing construction.

Sony A7rm2 and Loxia 21mm F2.8 (yes, yes.. I know, I have a hard time keeping everything level and orthogonal.

Rest Area Sion-Est - 20160910_016a7r2i-3 by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Bugleone

AnnaT.....

What an extraordinary set of pics!!.....To English eyes these constructions are beyond strange! What does the ordinary Swiss person make of them?......Are they popular with the population?

........I then took a look at your flickr page......there are some VERY weird buildings in the Land of cowbells and chocolate!

........Or even in the Land of small arms and precision machine tools, come to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.