The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Just got a 55mm FE so I decided to do a little comparison shooting vs. the 35mm on the RX1RII.
Here are the same 2 flowers shot w each camera.
Just wondering what people think ?
I realize they are not the exact same shots just interested in people's opinions on the sharpness and rendering.
1st one in both sequences is the RX1R II.
It looks like your examples have different whitebalance. So it's difficult to compare. And both may suffer from different profiles aswell, even though they have the same sensor. Are these OOC JPGs?
Anyway, they are both great cameras and lenses. :)
And what I really love about this sensor are the beautiful transitions between different colors.

-----

flowers for my mom (A7RII + 85GM)

The Ute

It looks like your examples have different whitebalance. So it's difficult to compare. And both may suffer from different profiles aswell, even though they have the same sensor. Are these OOC JPGs?
Anyway, they are both great cameras and lenses. :)
And what I really love about this sensor are the beautiful transitions between different colors.

-----

flowers for my mom (A7RII + 85GM)
Both WB's are set to Auto.
They are both processed in much the same way.
The A7RII w the 55mm seems to produce more saturated color and seems a tiny bit sharper but I'm pretty happy w the results from both.
Thanks for the feedback.

The Ute

And cause we're onto flowers at the moment.

"Dripping wet"
A7RII/ Zony 55mm 1.8

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

I was in Köln for the Photokina, but there's more opportunities for shooting just walking in and around the city

A6000 + E18-55 kit

Chris C

Barry – I have a present for you should you choose to accept it.

From Looe station, go one nautical mile [or one Cornish mile if you prefer] up the East Looe River to it's first crossing. Take your winkling boots as there are pictures there to be winkled out. Mud, tide, light, no light; many options –– but you should be rewarded. Check it out, the location doesn't seem to have changed in over half a century. If that wastes your time you may continue torturing me with pictures of my beloved homeland!

............. Chris

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Thanks Pieter. Unusual perspective - no Dome. Anything new at the TechArt Pro booth? TIA.
Yes, this is the contrarian view of the bridge, looking towards the other side where the Kina is. I'll have some views with the dome from the other side, might post them later.

Sorry, I didn't visit the TechArt Pro booth. I spent a little time with Sony testing the A99ii (I'm still an A-mount guy at heart) and the rest of the time I mainly browsed pictures and picture exhibitions. Especially the Leica exhibition was impressive this year. They filled almost a complete hall with it.

The Ute

Big storm just passed thru our area and I was able to capture a couple of nice images as the setting Sun broke thru the clouds.
A7RII / Minolta 80-200 HS APO

Barry Haines

Barry – I have a present for you should you choose to accept it.

From Looe station, go one nautical mile [or one Cornish mile if you prefer] up the East Looe River to it's first crossing. Take your winkling boots as there are pictures there to be winkled out. Mud, tide, light, no light; many options –– but you should be rewarded. Check it out, the location doesn't seem to have changed in over half a century. If that wastes your time you may continue torturing me with pictures of my beloved homeland!

............. Chris
Chris, many thanks for the tip/prezzie :)...Strangely I have driven through Sandyplace down to Looe no fewer than four times in the past few days and was there only yesterday, having had a very nice lunch at the Plough at Duloe...The alternative train journey from Liskard to Looe is a nice leisurely way to see along the Looe estuary without getting to muddy...It would be a very nice prezzie indeed had I not opened it up some 18 months earlier ;) ... But thank you nonetheless :)...as the saying goes - "it's the thought that counts"...Cheers Barry

Here is one from yesterday just a bit up the coast from Looe at Polperro (Tonemapped)

Annna T

Thank you Karl and Bugleone...very kind of you both ;)
Yep, the 90mm is one sharp lens as you know yourself Karl...both of these were heavily cropped.
It's been a bit quiet around here lately...hopefully Annna will have something for us all soon
Beautiful picture Barry, as always. Sorry, I have been rather busy these past weeks : my mother (94 years old) has some serious health problems and I have to take care of that. Took a few pictures inside of the hospital while waiting (probably not worth sharing). But the hospital lies at the opposite of my home and I could get some shots of the back of the castles. I'm still processing them, but there are better points of views for the back of the castles. Plus I set up a Facebook account and it is very time consuming. I'll have to find a more effective way to handle it.

I'm wondering : did most of us sell their A7x ? Did they got other camera gear ? The interest of FB lies in the fact that the pictures rather than the gear is what matters. But while there is a lot of pictures sharing, there is not so much conversation going on. Most of the time they are one liner comments.

Barry Haines

Beautiful picture Barry, as always. Sorry, I have been rather busy these past weeks : my mother (94 years old) has some serious health problems and I have to take care of that. Took a few pictures inside of the hospital while waiting (probably not worth sharing). But the hospital lies at the opposite of my home and I could get some shots of the back of the castles. I'm still processing them, but there are better points of views for the back of the castles. Plus I set up a Facebook account and it is very time consuming. I'll have to find a more effective way to handle it.

I'm wondering : did most of us sell their A7x ? Did they got other camera gear ? The interest of FB lies in the fact that the pictures rather than the gear is what matters. But while there is a lot of pictures sharing, there is not so much conversation going on. Most of the time they are one liner comments.
Thank you Annna

I was wondering just how your mother was doing and wrote awhile back so on Flickr...Glad you have sorted out what you can for her...it's very awkward and emotional times like this. I wish you all the very best.

I agree we all talk a lot less here than what we once used to...Probably like yourself caring for family has sucked most of the freetime out of me (and Alison) and I have been to tired lately to post or even process images.

I still enjoy my A7RII and don't feel the need to go elsewhere...but obviously others have....it's a lot quieter here nowadays...let's hope things pick up a bit...do upload when you get the time.

All the very best Barry

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Big storm just passed thru our area and I was able to capture a couple of nice images as the setting Sun broke thru the clouds.
A7RII / Minolta 80-200 HS APO
Nice capture! Cleaning the sensor for the future captures might be useful.

The rainbow shot appears to have a color cast (like an outdated color film capture).

The Ute

Nice capture! Cleaning the sensor for the future captures might be useful.

The rainbow shot appears to have a color cast (like an outdated color film capture).
Thanks.
I was in a hurry. Did not want to miss the shots.
Apologize for the spots.
I have been having some issues w dust getting onto the sensor.
I'll try cleaning again but I might have to have it professionally cleaned.

Last edited:

The Ute

Misty morning after the rain.
Water plants on our pond.
A7RII/ Minolta 80-200 HS APO/Zony 55

Annna T

Thank you Annna

I was wondering just how your mother was doing and wrote awhile back so on Flickr...Glad you have sorted out what you can for her...it's very awkward and emotional times like this. I wish you all the very best.

I agree we all talk a lot less here than what we once used to...Probably like yourself caring for family has sucked most of the freetime out of me (and Alison) and I have been to tired lately to post or even process images.

I still enjoy my A7RII and don't feel the need to go elsewhere...but obviously others have....it's a lot quieter here nowadays...let's hope things pick up a bit...do upload when you get the time.

All the very best Barry
Thanks Barry for your encouragement. I appreciate. Sorry about the Flickr message I had the intention to answer you, but then got caught by real life. I'll pm you.

Annna T

So here are a few pictures from this past week.

I went to the hospital many times during the last days and it lies on the other side of the city with respect to my home. So I was able to take some pictures from the back of those castles you are accustomed to see. At the beginning, I had only a short zoom and the weather was clearly turning to autumn :

Mont d'Orge, Valère et Tourbillon, Sion - 20160916_003a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Note that in Sion there are four castles. In the above picture, you can see three castles. Of the third there is only a few ruins remaining. They are at the top of the third hill at the left of the picture. Sorry for the trees blocking the view.

Status
Not open for further replies.