The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Haven't used the Sony in a bit, but drove out from Chicago to Denver with my brother through SD. Stayed in Spearfish. Some images from an early morning hike to Roughlock Falls. First image is the Leica AA 50. Other three are the 90 APO Summicron. I really liked the soft reflected indirect light in the canyon.

Dave
Dave: These are fabulous. The last one with the pastel colors reminds me of an expert pastel drawing. VERY nice, indeed.
Dave in NJ

dchew

Thank you very much Dave. I really enjoyed the morning. One of my favorite things is to start hiking in the dark of the morning. As things gradually lighten I feel I get a real sense of place even if I've never been there before. At first you just see basic shapes with no color, then things "expose" themselves as twilight fades.

It was a blue sky morning but the canyon walls bounced indirect light all around.

Dave

seb

Evening walk along the zoo of Zurich
(Edit: I need to adjust the mask edges on the other two, so I removed them until it's done.)

Backside of the Masoala Halle
(a7RII+Loxia21/2.8)

Masoala Halle (Zoo Zürich)

Last edited:

The Ute

Haven't used the Sony in a bit, but drove out from Chicago to Denver with my brother through SD. Stayed in Spearfish. Some images from an early morning hike to Roughlock Falls. First image is the Leica AA 50. Other three are the 90 APO Summicron. I really liked the soft reflected indirect light in the canyon.

Dave
I like the 1st shot the best by far.
Thanks for sharing.

seb

Here are the updated versions of my yesterday post. This time I took the time to put the masks correctly. :)

Zürichberg + Stettbach
(a7RII + Loxia 21/2.8)

Zürichberg

Stettbach

Barry Haines

Voigtlander 12mm E mount lens arrived later today...I managed to snap a couple off with it just before the light disappeared for the day at the local stately home.
Initial impression this lens performs better at the extreme corners (@ infinity f8) than the last CV E mount 15mm lens that I received (and then later returned)...It's not as good as the Loxia 21mm but then I wouldn't expect it to be, nonetheless I'm pretty sure this one is a keeper.

ENLARGEMENT

The old oak carved door (split-toned)

ENLARGEMENT

Lanhydrock garden this evening...A7RII + Voigtlander 12mm "E"

ENLARGEMENT

Last edited:

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Thanks Cooler, it was my first time in Köln and I found the Dom quite inspiring. It's really huge but interesting details and views can be seen in so many places there :thumbup:
Only problem was that it was dark and no tripods allowed.

Here's another one, looking at one of the several smaller side organs

A850 + Min 17-35D

seb

No tripods, but pillars were allowed?! :shocked::loco:
(nice shots! :) )

Yep. with leaning against a pillar, holding my breath and the 2 sec self timer. I took 3 shots that way just to be sure I got one with acceptable sharpness, all 3 were OK :cool:

pegelli

No tripods, but pillars were allowed?! :shocked::loco:
I think they were specially placed there by the Domschweitzer for trembling photographers like me. You couldn't take your own pillars in though :lecture:

seb

Just an hour ago... Sometimes it's good to work longer... :thumbup:

Sunset over the Limmat
(a7RII + Loxia21/2.8 - 2 merged shots)

Limmat

Last edited:

Bugleone

Lucille,....wish i had shot that! :thumbs:.....spectacular!

Status
Not open for further replies.