The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchew

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Barry,
Very impressive use of that lens. As I always say I stink at shooting wide. You, on the other hand, make that focal length sing. I am in envy and awe.

Dave

Barry Haines

Barry,
Very impressive use of that lens. As I always say I stink at shooting wide. You, on the other hand, make that focal length sing. I am in envy and awe.

Dave
Thank you Dave, what a very nice thing to say...I have seen your wide angle images on your website and they are truly excellent and beautifully processed :thumbup: thank you so much
BTW. Those recent images (Spearfish) of yours are beautiful... Cheers Barry

Taken late this afternoon

Last edited:

Bugleone

Barrie,.....These are excellent!.....not only nicely done but unusual and interesting :thumbs:

......Since you posted these at 3.20 am I can assume that you sleep as well as I do!

I would be interested to know how you post edit.......are these corrected for converging verticles or do you just use carefull placement of lens/view?

Barry Haines

Barrie,.....These are excellent!.....not only nicely done but unusual and interesting :thumbs:

......Since you posted these at 3.20 am I can assume that you sleep as well as I do!

I would be interested to know how you post edit.......are these corrected for converging verticles or do you just use carefull placement of lens/view?
Thanks Bugleone, yes late to bed yet still early to rise (about 5 hours sleep a day lately)
To be honest my workflow has changed so often lately I can't remember half the time what I have done the previous day :LOL:
I mostly correct the converging verticals at the time of taking the image just as I would a Technical/Field Camera (Keeping the camera level)
But I don't get so hung up on it getting it as technically perfect as I used to do before going Digital......I just allow a bit of extra space around the image (for tugging and pulling) and polish off with a post PS correction.
Hope that helps....Cheers Barry

Annna T

Barry, the 10 & 12 where easy, but not the 15, all copies where lousy. We don't get too many Voigtlander lenses or VM mounts to test in Bangkok as the market is very small. After you started posting your shots with the Loxia 21; it took me months to get one.... that was very frustrating. That Laowa 12 I'm reserving for the new A99II as the UW in A mount, coming soon!

Both Get Dpi & FM do have great photographers cross posting so it's nice to light up the screen.

Kind regards, Takomaru
The Zeiss lenses were also incredibly difficult to get to here in Switzerland. I think it was a general problem that Zeiss wasn't able to answer to the demand at the beginning.

Barry Haines

The Zeiss lenses were also incredibly difficult to get to here in Switzerland. I think it was a general problem that Zeiss wasn't able to answer to the demand at the beginning.
Hi Anna, in my experience if you want a new model Zeiss lens quickly, you need to preorder it as soon as possible and then make sure you are at the front of the queue with the Zeiss dealer...I paid the full price upfront for my 21mm Loxia several months in advance!

Taken this afternoon at our local Country House (CV12E - BLENCOMO)
Triptych...The Library + The Dining Room + The Drawing Room

Last edited:

Arjuna

As a general note: the last two pictures, in portrait orientation (1600 pixels tall), are too big for me to see all at once (iMac 21"/4K).
It is not just Annna, other people have post similarly sized portrait oriented images.
I think that the forum software forces images down to 1200 pixels wide: perhaps it would be a good idea if posters voluntarily restricted their images to 1200 pixels vertical as well?

(I always enjoy your posts Annna)

Ross

Leigh

As a general note: the last two pictures, in portrait orientation (1600 pixels tall), are too big for me to see all at once (iMac 21"/4K).
Right-click on the image and select "View Image".

It will be sized to your display regardless of the size, so you can see the entire image.

I prefer to see images at their original resolution, rather than "dumbed down".

- Leigh

Arjuna

Right-click on the image and select "View Image".

It will be sized to your display regardless of the size, so you can see the entire image.

I prefer to see images at their original resolution, rather than "dumbed down".

- Leigh
Well, I have an iMac, so there is no right-click, and none of shift/fn/control/option/command-click give a View Image option. Technically my screen has a 4096 x 2304 resolution, which should be enough for a 1600 pixel image, but the 'Retina' character of my display may be changing the effective resolution. My Safari window is full height, so I am only losing the overall bar, and the Safari bars at the top, in terms of vertical resolution. Some of the x-click options will take me to the image in Flickr, but it is still inside Safari, so I don't have any more vertical space.

My point is that I have a relatively large screen - I would think larger than most, e.g. larger than almost all notebooks - and I can't see the whole image in normal viewing: clicking into a different mode is unreasonable for general viewing - I might do that for an image that I am particularly interested in, but not for every (vertical) image during normal browsing.

'ta

Status
Not open for further replies.