The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-hawinkler

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Hit "command" and "-" simultaneously a few times and let us know what that does for you. :grin:

Arjuna

Hit "command" and "-" simultaneously a few times and let us know what that does for you. :grin:
Thanks for the tip. Once isn't quite enough, twice is more than enough. I can now see the full height of the images, although all the text is now extremely small.

Ross

Leigh

Well, I have an iMac, so there is no right-click...
dunno, Ross.

I'm using a MacBook Pro with a 27" display and a real mouse. The system works exactly as I described.

Perhaps you don't know how to operate your computer.

- Leigh

Arjuna

dunno, Ross.

I'm using a MacBook Pro with a 27" display and a real mouse. The system works exactly as I described.

Perhaps you don't know how to operate your computer.

- Leigh
Perhaps you are using an older version of the OS.
Control-click gives me a list of options, including 'Open Image in New Tab' and 'Open Image in New Window' ('View Image' is not one of the options), choosing them opens a new Tab/Window, with the image sized to fit, i.e. shrunk.
If right-click on your 'real' mouse brings up a similar set of options, then the right button has been mapped to Control, but it can be mapped to other things too.

k-hawinkler

Thanks for the tip. Once isn't quite enough, twice is more than enough. I can now see the full height of the images, although all the text is now extremely small.

Ross
Correct. Now hit "command" and "+". :grin:

mediumcool

Well, I have an iMac, so there is no right-click …
Anybody remember USB Overdrive, first released in 1999? ;) MacOS has supported right-clicking for a rather long time—if the mouse or trackpad does not support it in hardware, hold down the Control key whilst clicking.

… and none of shift/fn/control/option/command-click give a View Image option.
But why should they? Note the shortcuts shown in Safari’s View menu for changing scale (+/– Zoom) and toggling Full Screen mode.

T̶e̶c̶h̶n̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ [Actually] your screen has a 4096 x 2304 resolution, which should be enough for a 1600 pixel image, but the 'Retina' character of my display may be changing the effective resolution.
The default scaling on Retina displays is 200% so that one original pixel is represented by four pixels on the display; this may be readily changed by the user. If you change the scaling to 100% you will have 704px for browser and OS ‘chrome’.

My point is that I have a relatively large screen …
Nope. Not by contemporary desktop standards—24" and 27" screens are commonly used by photographers and designers. And 30" is the new black!

And Leigh, why so snotty? :p

seb

Well Barry... It's definetly a good choice! :D:thumbs::salute:
It arrived today and I only had a few minutes before I went shopping for supper. Hahaha, so easy to use: f8, point, shoot. :)

Zürich Unterstrass (my neighbourhood)
(a7RII + CV 12/5.6)

Annna T

As a general note: the last two pictures, in portrait orientation (1600 pixels tall), are too big for me to see all at once (iMac 21"/4K).
It is not just Annna, other people have post similarly sized portrait oriented images.
I think that the forum software forces images down to 1200 pixels wide: perhaps it would be a good idea if posters voluntarily restricted their images to 1200 pixels vertical as well?

(I always enjoy your posts Annna)

Ross
I have the same problem, my display is 1200x1920. Usually when I post vertical pictures I choose a lower resolution. But here I goofed and chose the resolution of 1600 that I use for horizontal pictures. The problem is that I link my pictures from Flickr where the choice of sizes is either 1024x683 or 1600x1067 (whether vertical or horizontal).

But I have a PC and use Firefox and the right click allows me to open any picture in a new tab..

Arjuna

Thanks Annna, and also to everyone who offered their help.
I don't have a Sony A7x, so I will offer a couple of RX1 urban pictures, one vertical, from Kathmandu, last (2015) spring.

Barry Haines

Sebastian, that arrived quickly...Glad you like it, dead easy to use as you say...nice shots :thumbup:

Shelter

Last edited:

takomaru

Arjuna, thanks for sharing the Katmandu shots, too many memories from too way back.

Barry, nice soft processing and glow, I'd like to see the print. I was just in a Thai version all jungle in my park, storming all over, terrific chill out and shelter.

Thank you kindly, Takomaru

k-hawinkler

Well Barry... It's definetly a good choice! :D:thumbs::salute:
It arrived today and I only had a few minutes before I went shopping for supper. Hahaha, so easy to use: f8, point, shoot. :)

Zürich Unterstrass (my neighbourhood)
(a7RII + CV 12/5.6)

Nice images. Some slight curvature in the Sunstar rays? :facesmack:

seb

Haha :) Btw. I did no crops and also no lens corrections on these shots. It's better for me that way, to get a feeling for the lens. But I will do that with later shots. :)
Nice images. Some slight curvature in the Sunstar rays? :facesmack:

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Haha :) Btw. I did no crops and also no lens corrections on these shots. It's better for me that way, to get a feeling for the lens. But I will do that with later shots. :)

Well, there is an issue. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1450502/1#13725892
You can either correct typical geometric distortions or the curvature of the rays - but not both at the same time. :banghead:

seb

Well, I would correct geometric distortions and then correct the rays localy. This should be not much work and hardly noticeable.
But I need to test it further. It may get worse to the edges/corners. And then it will be more difficult.
Edit: Ah, I saw your tests in the Voigtländer 12/5.6 thread. Looks bad, but I think I can live with it.

Well, there is an issue. Weird Curved Sunstar with Voigtländer 10/5.6 Lens - FM Forums
You can either correct typical geometric distortions or the curvature of the rays - but not both at the same time. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.