The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Barry: Thanks to your positive comments, I bought the Voigtlander 12mm. I really like this lens for seascapes. Your photo is the perfect subject for this lens. I really like this shot a lot.
Best regards
Dave in NJ
Dave, that is very most kind of you :)
But actually I think it is I that owe both you and Mike E a big thanks, for carrying out the 12mm corner tests earlier, as I believe you had yours a bit before me and Mike was certainly the first person to get hold of one that I know of.
Thank you for sharing those earlier corner tests...much appreciated.
It's a fun lens which I really do like (as you say, especially for seascapes!)...I'm having a problem taking any other images with any other focal length at the moment...once I get it out of my system a normal service will resume :LOL:
Thanks again.

One from Newquay Harbour taken this afternoon with the 12mm Voigtlander

By contrast the Sony 35mm wide angle Distagon FE, shot wide open at F1.4 look almost like a Tele-photo ;)

Last edited:

jdphoto

All shot with the 55mm 1.8. It's not bad as a portrait lens when cropped to approximately 85mm.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Yesterday I had to go and get two new tires on my car. I liked how they stacked the waste tires for disposal

"Ready for the shredder"

A6000 + Industar 61 (53/2.8)

seb

Mediumcool, I don't see pictures in your posts. All others are fine. I did also try another browser, but I still see no pictures. Can you tell me the source link of one of the pictures? Maybe I have a restriction to the linked website...

Barry, Kingsand is a wonderful shot. The roughness of the sky, the sea, stone and houses matches perfectly together.

mediumcool

Mediumcool, I don't see pictures in your posts.
That is weird! I recall one member having problems with my links while viewing on an iPad. My pic hosting is at mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool (click through to see each 900px-high full-size pix).

What platform and OS?

seb

That is weird! I recall one member having problems with my links while viewing on an iPad. My pic hosting is at mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool (click through to see each 900px-high full-size pix).

What platform and OS?
Thanks for the link. Now I can look after the issue.

It's fine on my phone (android). The computer has win10 and I tried it with Firefox, Chrome, Edge. All three shows this:

The red dot is shown on each picture as a replacement...

Edit: It looks like your site is rated as "streaming media and download" at fortinet. These sites seemed to be blocked from our company.
I will try it at home tonight, where I decide what is blocked. :)

seb

Very nice Barry. It's difficult to say which one I would prefer.

@Mediumcool: It worked fine at home. It's a restriction of my company. It's strange, because I can access everything. It's the first time I have blocked content. Anyway, I can have a look at home at your posts. That's fine.

Still no time to go out and shoot. The sky is overcast anyway. The only nice morning was on wednesday and there I was on the way to a conference. But I couldn't resist to try the CV12/5.6 on the ceiling of the entrance. :)

Ceiling - Kursaal Bern
(a7RII + CV12/5.6)

ceiling

Last edited:

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Smalle Haven in 's-Hertogenbosch (Netherlands)

NEX6 + E28/2, Lightroom stitch of two frames

jdphoto

Here's the last of this recent shoot. I'm starting to think that the 55mm 1.8 might be the only lens I need other than super telephoto or architecture in tight locations. I have a Batis 25, but hardly use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.