The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ute

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Here's the last of this recent shoot. I'm starting to think that the 55mm 1.8 might be the only lens I need other than super telephoto or architecture in tight locations. I have a Batis 25, but hardly use it!
I absolutely love the 55 and have the Batis 25 as well (I'm primarily a Landscape shooter).
Cropped I see no reason why as you show the 55 can't be an excellent portrait lens.
By the way, the young lady in your photos is lovely.

jdphoto

I absolutely love the 55 and have the Batis 25 as well (I'm primarily a Landscape shooter).
Cropped I see no reason why as you show the 55 can't be an excellent portrait lens.
By the way, the young lady in your photos is lovely.
Thank you for the comments! I do like the Batis 25mm too, but for the work i've been doing recently the 55mm 1.8 is just perfect. Shooting wide is an art form in itself, i need more practice with landscapes! I'm tempted to rent a long tele and ultra wide just to play around a little.

mediumcool

Happy hour at the Little Hunter

Sony a7 w/ adapted Canon FD 24mm f/2.8 1/125 f/2.8 ISO 3200

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Like all three composition wise but if it were me I would darken the sky in the 1st one and add some saturation to it, and darken and saturate the entire image in the 3rd.
Thank you - The Ute :)
That's fair enough, nothing wrong with that...I doubt either of us would process the same images in the same way.
You like to use saturation and I prefer to use vibrance in Landscape photography...I like my colours with a subtle boost to your more punchy vivid colours.
Neither of us is right or wrong, it's all subjective and just a matter of taste, thank you for your f'back.

This brought back many happy memories of childhood sailing holidays spent in Kingsand and Cawsand :)
Thank you Christina,
Likewise happy memories of 40 years ago walking along and over the various beautiful bridges along the Arno river in Florence.
I also liked your earlier soft romantic processing treatment especially of this bridge (Ponte Santa Trinita), that one for me just suited classic Italy.

Firenze. A7RII FE55 1.8. Next bridge down from the Ponte Vecchio.

Light over Godrevy Island

One hour later, the light shifts position illuminating the Atlantic ocean and the (natural) colour of the sky changes completely as it gets dark.

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member

Very nice composition , Barry , and the horizon in level .:clap:

DLP

Sunset, South Cottesloe, Western Australia
a7r + FE 1635 ZA

Barry Haines

Thanks Barry, I do enjoy the post processing part! I sometimes re edit to get a different feel. Here area a few using the A7RII G Master 85mm 1.4, Italy.
Christina, the 85mm GM definitely has a lovely WO rendering which suits your own particular style of photography.
Likewise, I love post processing images in front of a Monitor, just as I love printing in a Darkroom...thanks for sharing...Cheers Barry

Chapel Porth (Tonemapped)

scho

A few snaps taken this afternoon on a short drive to Seneca Lake to visit some new wineries. All with A7r-FS and CV 15mm Heliar III + Kolari 58mm Hot Mirror filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.