The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Barry, you are having a Ball with that 12mm:thumbup:

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

20 years "fabuleus" celebration dance and stage performance
(the dancer on the right standing on her hands is our youngest daughter :))

A6000 + E28/2

mediumcool

I really like this one, Ian.
Why, thank you!

That 24 Canon seems to be doing pretty good …
Bought on eBay for $71au, but postage and an adapter pushed it over $100; it is a widely-recommended lens for the a7 online. Has bad moustache distortion which C1’s Nikon AF 20/2.8 profile mostly corrects, but the extreme corners still ‘fly away’ a bit. Very sharp from f/4 and pretty decent wide-open (haven’t used it past f/5.6), and with moderate field curvature. Bokeh is rather fizzy. But still a good lens for the money.

Next, a 20mm Minolta or Canon FD. [I had a 17mm Tokina in A-mount which was a bugger to use on a cheap adapter aperture-wise, and found it too wide and with a lot of field curvature.]

And I’d like something around 65 to 70mm—I am a long-term fan of John Loengard, whose 65mm Elmar gave him a close view in many of his i̶c̶o̶n̶i̶c̶ best photographs. The m4/3 cameras can do the telephoto stuff!

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Barry, you are having a Ball with that 12mm:thumbup:
Thank you Alan, very kind of you :)

The 12mm is a lot of fun and well suitable for the extremely narrow shady cobbled streets of Kingsand and Cawsand
(Two adjoining fishing villages here in the South West of England)
In 1844 Kingsand was in Devon and Cawsand was in Cornwall...They are now both Cornish seaside villages
Back then the property "Devon - Corn" fell between both counties https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsand

AlanS

Took my new Canon 16 - 35 f4 out for a workout today, not the colours I was expecting but made the most of it.... A7 plus the said lens & polariser.

AlanS

A couple more converted in Raw Therapee.......

(Spot the face:shocked:)

scho

A few shots taken with the A7r-FS + Kolari Hot Mirror filter on a Contax G2 35mm Planar.

Waterfront farmers market produce

and a little country music to keep the market shoppers in the mood.

A question on the trail near the market

seb

I was on my last hike in the higher reagions for this year. And of course I took the Heliar 12/5.6 with me. Here is the one I wondered the most: a stiched panorama. I was on the Brienzer Rothorn (2349 M.ü.M.) at this moment, which was the endpoint of our hike.
You can have a look at the almoust full resolution pano on flickr (link below the picture). I had to shoot against the sun, so the pictures were very dark and the dark parts of the picture are a little bit muddy.

Zentral Alpen und Berner Alpen
(a7RII + Heliar 12/5.6 - Stiched Panorama (around 220°) of 7 Pictures)

Rothorn Panorama

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.