The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slingers

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Over at Fred Miranda there is this thread about using PCX lenses in a front filter to remove astigmatism in wide angle lenses designed for film on digital cameras. The example was with a contax g 21mm. Having one of these lenses i put my order in for the exact PCX mentioned in the thread. I'm still testing the combination but its very promising and exactly like the samples in the Fred Miranda thread. While not a good use of a wide angle here is a snapshot at f/2.8.

Bugleone

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Not much chances for good pix lately. A busy trip to Stratford on Avon offered nothing apart from some statues at night under sodium lamps but the NEX refused to co-operate and removed it's focusing and aperture readout in protest! However, earlier this week the forest outside my door (Epping Forest) was bathed in devine colour........NEX obliged with joy!

Sony NEX 3 & 18-55mm

gandolfi

Subscriber Member

@gandolfi: I love your "this afternoon" shot.

Thank you, seb,

That is on a cycle path running along what was an old railway track, It passes very close to where I live, and heads south of Bath, and this shot is between Midford and Wellow. The mist was still hanging in the trees mid afternoon.

I have to cycle through two tunnels to get there, the longest is 1 mile long. In reality it is much darker that this snap.:thumbup:

pegelli

^^ Nice shot gandolfi, I can imagine it to be quite spooky in that tunnel at times.

Somehow your shot reminded me of two night-shots from Shanghai that have been sleeping on my hard drive since 2013 :eek:
I haven't got the foggiest why, because they're quite different, but it seems my memory likes to work in a serendipitous way :bugeyes:

Here they are, looking from the bridge on the end of Hong Mei street over the rush hour on the Middle Ring road.

Both NEX6 + E16-50PZ

Last edited:

AlanS

From this afternoon, a bit wild today and they have forecast our first snow over the hills tonight!
A7, Canon 16-35 f4, SEP2, Teesdale

gandolfi

Subscriber Member

Well it must be the straight lines disappearing toward a point, and the small white overhead lights.
It certainly is not to do with similarity of traffic volume;)
Nice shots.

Bugleone

Lovely light!.......I would have loved to have shot that. Barrie!

Sharif Abdou

A7RII + Batis 18 :: @30 seconds f11 ISO 100

I have family in Toronto, and go there for visits 2 or 3 times a year, it's become one of my favorite cities. I'd attempted to photograph the city's beautiful skyline from Centre Island on my three prior visits, but was never happy with the results. I think this one, taken in August, finally turned out alright, though I may have gone just a bit overboard with the blue :p

C&C always welcome.

Sharif

Attachments

AlanS

Another from yesterday, A7, Canon 16-35 f4, Teesdale. This time processed in Raw Therapee with the Acros 100 pre-set

AlanS

A couple in colour, A7, Canon 16-35 f4, Teesdale...

AlanS

Last 2, showing remains of the Lime Kiln that the quarry (in the earlier pics) fed.
A7, Canon 16-35 f4, Teesdale

Annna T

Annna....love the square composition :thumbup:

Thank, but what do you mean by square composition ? the picture is a full frame 3x2 in vertical format (may be that I should have presented a smaller version for those not having a big display). Or are you referrng to something else than the format ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.