The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Very different vs. the one above, but in some ways also similar :cool:

Station hall in Ljubljana

A850 + Min 35/2

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Barry
A long-shot guess, based upon a somewhat vague memory, but... Trematon? ;):)
Tim, I'm impressed...you have an uncanny knack of knowing where I take all of my images, even the very most obscure places that I like to visit (i.e. Merrivale), you are familiar with :shocked:
Yes, you're vague memory is correct...This is Trematon Castle Garden's (Family owned as opposed to a Trust), which is open to the public for a few days of the year, I don't think it gets very many visitors at all, which is good for us photographers.
I never thought for one minute that somebody else here would guess where the "Secret Garden" actually was!....I'm even more impressed that you climbed to the top of this crumbling old tower and found this very room.
For anybody visiting Cornwall this place is well worth a visit, it's full of potential for taking snaps, it lies roughly halfway between Bodmin, Cornwall (where I live) and Newton Abbot area, Devon (Tim's home).
The (not so) secret garden can be found here... http://www.bannermandesign.com/trematon/

Twin Peaks

mediumcool

South Australian BBQ

Sony a7 w/ 35mm f/1.8 W.Rokkor-HH 1/250 f/4 ISO 250

tbhv55

Tim, I'm impressed...you have an uncanny knack of knowing where I take all of my images, even the very most obscure places that I like to visit (i.e. Merrivale), you are familiar with :shocked:
It was the chair standing in isolation against the background of that wall (with fireplace, alcoves, etc.) which sparked the memory of the scene. Of course, I subsequently realised that you had linked from Flickr - where you'd provided the location details!

So... my 'memory trick' wouldn't have been so impressive, after all,:rolleyes: but it genuinely was 'dredged' up from my memory (or what's left of it!;)).

mediumcool

The son and the father

Sony a7 w/ 35mm f/1.8 W.Rokkor-HH 1/250 f/4 ISO 250

Barry Haines

It was the chair standing in isolation against the background of that wall (with fireplace, alcoves, etc.) which sparked the memory of the scene. Of course, I subsequently realised that you had linked from Flickr - where you'd provided the location details!

So... my 'memory trick' wouldn't have been so impressive, after all,:rolleyes: but it genuinely was 'dredged' up from my memory (or what's left of it!;)).
Thanks Tim, so I kinda let the cat out of the bag :LOL:
Another shot taken between our two homes...Calstock Viaduct

tbhv55

Another shot taken between our two homes...Calstock Viaduct
I know it well - but since you've already revealed the location, this time I can't impress the world with my photo-identification tricks! :rolleyes: ;)

Your BLENCOMO processing really can hit the spot, by the way. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.