The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

I'm still sorting all the pictures out. There is not much time to process. :)

We did the Abel Tasman Track. A four day walk through jungle and along beaches.

Te Pukatea
(a7RII + Loxia 21/2.8)

Full resolution

seb

There is a Observatory at Mt. John. It's a good spot to shoot the turqouise Lake Tekapo. A lot of photographers waited there for the sun. We went on for a hike in the beautiful landscape. :grin:

Lupines
(a7RII + Voigtländer Heliar 12/5.6)

Full resolution

Last edited:

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

The son and the father

Sony a7 w/ 35mm f/1.8 W.Rokkor-HH 1/250 f/4 ISO 250
I am getting old.... at a quick first glance I thought... Well this is kinda unusual and brave, having an Avatar~ish sorta tattoo all across your face.... when I realised, it was the leaves.... Doh?! :facesmack:

mediumcool

Know such structures from NW Ireland. I always wondered what on earth made the ancient ones go through the effort of lifting a stone that size up onto another, strange hobby isn't it. ;)
Well, for a start, there was no TV, Facebook, Twitter etc. So time hung heavily. :eek:

mediumcool

I am getting old.... at a quick first glance I thought... Well this is kinda unusual and brave, having an Avatar~ish sorta tattoo all across your face.... when I realised, it was the leaves.... Doh?! :facesmack:
The tree is a Schinus molle and native to the Peruvian Andes, but is widely planted in South Australia, particularly in rural areas. It’s locally known as the Pepper Tree for its pink fruit that resembles Piper nigrum but it’s no relation. Interestingly enough, one leaf spread across Tom’s top lip gave an impression of a sneer—not at all characteristic of this fine young man (I have known him since shortly after his birth). I removed the leaf in Pixelmator with the Stamp tool.

How it looked before removal

Speaking of getting old—

Oh, never mind!

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Well, for a start, there was no TV, Facebook, Twitter etc. So time hung heavily. :eek:
Around 40,000 years ago they already had Facebook, well sorta, in Pettakere cave.

Then again, I am sure their days were filled with more interesting activities, like running away from sabretooth, jumping on galopping mammuts, or just hanging around the campfire contemplating what the world will look like in 40,000 years. I am pretty certain they would :facesmack: if they forsaw that a cro-magnon, Trump, will become.... oh well, never mind. :banghead: ;)

The Ute

Around 40,000 years ago they already had Facebook, well sorta, in Pettakere cave.

Then again, I am sure their days were filled with more interesting activities, like running away from sabretooth, jumping on galopping mammuts, or just hanging around the campfire contemplating what the world will look like in 40,000 years. I am pretty certain they would :facesmack: if they forsaw that a cro-magnon, Trump, will become.... oh well, never mind. :banghead: ;)
Keep your Politics to yourself !
This is a Photography blog last I checked. :angry:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member

January 20th, 2017, Noon EST. Gotterdammerung.:loco::banghead::wtf::ROTFL:

Last edited:

gurtch

A7RII Voigtlander 12mm lens ISO 400 f10.
Thanks for looking.
Dave in NJ
D733 framed.jpg

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Keep your Politics to yourself !
This is a Photography blog last I checked. :angry:
Hi Ute.

Of course, by the book, you are correct.

No need to be angry, wasn't meant to hurt anyones feelings, and in the final analysis, it is a compliment if you look at it, as the Cro-Magnon was robustly built and very powerful, a straight forehead with slight browridges, their vocal apparatus was like that of present day human beings, they could speak, and they were primarily big-game hunters, really was the early modern human being.

No wait... you're right, this doesn't work! A 2015 study sequenced the genome of a Cro-Magnon, the haplogroup is evidence, he was European with origins in Asia and East Africa... mea culpa! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

A7RII Voigtlander 12mm lens ISO 400 f10.
Thanks for looking.
Dave in NJ
View attachment 123979
Hi Dave,

I was torn between liking the picture or not. Then I liked it. LOL
At first I thought that the texture of the sky looks too much... "enhanced?"... hence appearing somehwat sandy-grainy as the beach itself, on top, the centric horizon rarely works for me. So I thought there are not enough contrasting elements to really keep the attention. The fences, the water, the gulls, lovely composition. I guess in color, and less centered would work even better for my taste.

Nice beach! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.