The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Pieter,

Seeing this made me wonder if you had ever come across a book titled 'Austerlitz' by W. G. Sebald. One of my all time favourites.

There are many references near the start of the book to Belgium and Antwerp - old fortifications, the Salle des pas perdus at Antwerp Railway Station, the glove market, Brussels Palais de Justice etc.

Little b/w photos are inserted here and there.

"..tale of one man's odyssey through the dark ages of European history is one of the most moving and true fictions on the postwar world". The Times.

Unfortunately Sebald died in a car crash in 2001.

(p.s. In January 1945 my Dad sent me a postcard from Antwerp. On the back it said 'Beware of the dog'.:))

This one!
Thanks Gandolfi, never heard of the book but I googled it and it is still for sale. So I'll check it out because it's the kind of story I like to read.
Nice postcard, and also (telepathically) very fitting, this weekend we decided to adopt a dog from an animal shelter and try to give it a good home for the latter years of his life. But it seems to be a very kind and gentle dog, but I will still take your (and your fathers') advice to heart :angel:

mediumcool

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Boom gate pivot

Sony a7 w/adapted Planar 50mm f/1.7 1/20 f/2.8 ISO 800

mediumcool

Parasite/street light

Sony a7 w/adapted Planar 50mm f/1.7 1/200 f/2 ISO 1600

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun With Sony _____

La Cantina, Venice, where they not only make delicious, artistic little cicchetti, but they have set up a micro brewery and their Morgana beer is to die for!

You can't miss it. It's just over the little canal bridge near McDonalds:shocked:

Slingers

Excellent Craig ^^^ interesting bridge with nice interplay of light going on, forming a nice pattern with the supports :)
In addition to what you have already presented, I would have liked to seen a central crop of the bridge just including the mountain in the far distance together with those supports.
Thanks Barry, I also had this one. Is it more what you were thinking of?

Slingers

The Len Lye centre is the first gallery dedicated to a single artist in New Zealand. It was a bit controversial in the local community as it was seen as a waste of money but luckily the Len Lye foundation was able to fund its completion. Len Lye gifted his kinetic sculptures to the Govett-Brewster Art Gallery and the shiny new centre is an extension of the art gallery but with space to have the sculptures on display. Its very interesting inside with little nooks giving views outside and a big improvement over the old gallery.

Barry Haines

Thanks Barry, I also had this one. Is it more what you were thinking of?
Craig, yes that's a bit more like what I was thinking of...nice one.
It's an interesting bridge that has many photographic possibilities.

Godrevy taken yesterday afternoon
Went back to using the Sony 35mm Distagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.