The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7 and A7r firmware update March 19

ZoranC

... which also implies the ability to input a focal length manually, which then implies being able to set the info into EXIF. I'm not holding my breath.
I'm not holding my breath either even though it would be great. After all, my Nikon D700 has something similar, and year is 2014 ...

vjbelle

Its more about shutter vibration they need to rework the setup. Close the first curtain wait 2 seconds for it to settle down than expose and close. This way there is a gap between closing and shoot time. That would eliminate any shutter vibration issue. Actually its a easy firmware fix. Well that came from a non engineer type. Everything is easy in my mind. LOL
Lots of very reputable people gave Sony feedback regarding shutter vibration so I'm hoping that they have addressed this issue. They don't have to admit anything..... just have to fix it.

Victor

Ben Rubinstein

I hope but am not holding my breath for uncompressed raw. No doubt it will just be better jpgs, as if buyers of the A7r had that high on their wish list. Sigh. Startup time will be nice. Trying to remember my long list of requests from when I first got the camera, after use you get used to the quirks. I would kill for reduced shutter lag though!!!!!!!!!!