The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

V

Vivek

Here's a Texas sized cam. ;) Shoots 6x8 cm. RF coupled with a bright line finder (the red dot is Kodak logo!).

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
A7r, Tamron Adaptall 105/2.5 f/2.5

Thanks to a conversation with Vivek, I dug up three old Pentax 110 lenses (18mm, 24mm and 50mm) and am trying them on the A7R. You can get these lenses for about $15-20 each. I'm using an inexpensive Fotasy adapter.

They are the cutest little lenses you ever saw.

And I'm surprised at how well they work. To my amazement, all three can cover the APS-C image area with only minor falloff. This yields a 15MP image. There's no aperture, so you have to shoot at ƒ2.8 all the time.

Here's the 18mm mounted on the camera, a snapshot with that same lens, and a 100% center crop from another shot.

The 24mm Pentax 110 lens is even tinier. For those who've never handled a Pentax 110, it's hard to visualize how small they are. Here it is compared to the Sony 24-70mm FE.

Eoin

Some Alt lens fun for the weekend. I have no idea how these will perform but for about €100 each it's worth a punt.

gurtch

Leitz Elmar from 1933!

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
A7r, Elmar 3.5cm f/3.5, The Hague
I have an uncoated Leica 50mm f2 Summar. Used wide open, this lens produces some "dreamy" images that would be difficult, if not impossible, to reproduce with software. Please keep publishing old lens shots, I really enjoy them.
Best regards
Dave in NJ