The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

pflower

Not really Old lenses. The first with a Nikkor AF1.8D which I had forgotten about but bought second hand for £50 or so at least 8 years ago. I was going to buy the FE 55 1.8 after my version was lost to a fire but then remembered I had this. Really sharp, small but manual focus but saved me £5-600. Second again not an old lens but an old design - the Lomography Petzval lens.

I guess this is an old lens, though technically, it's still in production.

I bought an APO-Rodagon-N 50/2.8 ($180 on eBay and in fantastic shape) with the plans of using it on a M42 helicoid and extension tubes. I've had it for a bit now and have been too busy to play, but finally got some time today. Checking it on the Actus, it's got about a 65mm IC that's very sharp through about 60mm of it, so on the a7II, it's corner to corner sharp.

The flange distance is 46.5mm, so subtracting the a7II's 18mm registration, it leaves 28mm to fill. Right now I've got it on a 10mm e-mount extension tube that's baffled, a 1mm M42 to e-mount adapter, and a 15-26mm helicoid. I'm truly a little over 2mm short, so I went ahead and ordered the 17-31mm helicoid. The only downside that I'm seeing is the five-blade aperture. Otherwise, it's a very useful little lens. It won't replace my Summicron, but the C/Y S-Planar 60 may go up for sale.

a7II_Rode_APO50_TheRoseKnowsNotItsName by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr

a7II_Rode_APO50_Strum by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr

a7II_Rode_APO50_Infinty by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr

a7II_Rode_APO50_IntotheSun by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr

a7II_Rode_APO50_LifeandDeath by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr

a7II_Rode_APO50_Bauble by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr

a7II_Rode_APO50_TheGreenBanner by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr

hakkalo

I guess this is an old lens, though technically, it's still in production.

I bought an APO-Rodagon-N 50/2.8 ($180 on eBay and in fantastic shape) with the plans of using it on a M42 helicoid and extension tubes. I've had it for a bit now and have been too busy to play, but finally got some time today. Checking it on the Actus, it's got about a 65mm IC that's very sharp through about 60mm of it, so on the a7II, it's corner to corner sharp.

The flange distance is 46.5mm, so subtracting the a7II's 18mm registration, it leaves 28mm to fill. Right now I've got it on a 10mm e-mount extension tube that's baffled, a 1mm M42 to e-mount adapter, and a 15-26mm helicoid. I'm truly a little over 2mm short, so I went ahead and ordered the 17-31mm helicoid. The only downside that I'm seeing is the five-blade aperture. Otherwise, it's a very useful little lens. It won't replace my Summicron, but the C/Y S-Planar 60 may go up for sale.
Is it rangefinder camera lens ? Can you post picture of the lens ? Thanks.