The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A99 vs D4s

philip_pj

The a99 is a much better camera than 90% of people believe - it was the one that got me onto the need to use as low ISO as possible - even ISO 50, which is a genuine and accurate level in the a99 and gives big rewards in all measures.

So this is a landscape/general purpose camera versus a low light camera, and the a99 is not disgraced, loses out only after higher than ISO 800 or so.

fotografz

I've been using an A99 since it launched. Lots of hectic weddings and such. So far no issues … I think it may be built better than one may suspect.

Very versatile camera … odd as it may seem, the fully articulated LCD (which folds out like some piece of origami), is actually very useful and has saved my knees a lot of abuse … plus, you can fold it back facing inward to protect the LCD when not in use. Hell, I sometimes leave it closed and shoot like with a film camera.

- Marc

Ben Rubinstein

These are two very different animals. If you don't need the AF and buffer of the D4s then you are unlikely to spend that much. If you do then there is very little else which will do.