The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alpha to FE non-AF adapter?

J

JohnW

Is there such thing as an Alpha to A7 adapter without AF?

I've got a few Maxxum lenses, but my expected use does not justify the Sony AF adapters. Manual focus is fine. Thanks.

John

philip_pj

John, I use Sony's LA-EA3 - I use it for Leitaxed to A mount Contax/Leica R lenses but it will satisfy your needs too. It is lighter than the LA-EA4 Sony adapter (110 grams against around 160 grams) but still has some reduced AF capability from memory..

It has a tripod foot, gets a good hold on both lens mount and body. It's good for manual focus lenses as it give your left hand a place to hold the body so as not to disturb focus when shooting.

Sony A-Mount to E-Mount Lens Adapter (Black) LAEA3 B&H Photo

mjm6

The EA3 is the way to go... I use it with Leitax-ed Leica R lenses as well, and it works like a charm. It passes the lens info to the camera, so that is very nice for cataloging and lens correction purposes.

You won't have any AF unless you have a G lens with the EA3, which none of your Maxxum lenses are, I don't think. Like you, I have a few A-mount lenses but didn't feel the need for AF capability.

It functions nicely, however.

---Michael