The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with A6000

scho

Garden scene with the A6000 + Hasselblad 80mm Planar on the Rhinocam. Cropped from an 8 image stitch done with AutoPano Pro3.

Original

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm loaded for bear in the morning. A6000 135 1.8 on monopod doing podium shooting. Let's see how this baby does.

Guy Mancuso

I'm shooting right now. It's a kick in the pants. Monitor brightness is kind of low. I bumped it up +1

Guy Mancuso

Handheld so far and I'm really liking this little thing. Shooting my 20 2.8 and 28-70 as well . Going to switch to sigma 35 and the 55 here in a bit. Doing grip and grin stuff with flash without flash. Giving it a run. Using A7 as well there like twins in a lot if ways. For 650 bucks not sure you can get much better for the money. But I need to see how noise is and such. Shooting at ISO 1000 right now . Tommorrow morning is why I bought it the 135 is a 200 with a APS sensor and 24mpx. A7 in crop mode is what 12 mpx. So I'm hoping this is a advantage. AFC is cool as ****

Uaiomex

Three more 8 shot panos taken in Upper Buttermilk Gorge today. A6000+Rhinocam+Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 Planar.

Carl:
The water may or may not look a little funny in these pictures. I can't tell in my MBP screen. I can't download the original files as I'm connected this week via my iPhone.

But, all these pictures are really beautiful, truly top notch. For these kind of pictures, I don't see why would someone need to spend 35K. Detail is amazing!

Congrats, I'm sold.
Eduardo

Guy Mancuso

Update out if the a7,A7r and the a6000. The little tike has the least shutter lag. Also works better with my Sony 43 flash. It's instant firing

scho

Three more 8 shot panos taken in Upper Buttermilk Gorge today. A6000+Rhinocam+Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 Planar.

Carl:
The water may or may not look a little funny in these pictures. I can't tell in my MBP screen. I can't download the original files as I'm connected this week via my iPhone.

But, all these pictures are really beautiful, truly top notch. For these kind of pictures, I don't see why would someone need to spend 35K. Detail is amazing!

Congrats, I'm sold.
Eduardo
Thanks Eduardo. I was dealing with constantly shifting lighting and varying shutter speeds that affected water blur.

scho

Would you say the CF glass is up to the task? I mean the high density of the A6000 sensor. Or the A6000 is overkill for CF glass?
Eduardo

No problems with resolution using the A6000 and MF Hasselblad Zeiss lenses. Even higher resolution using the A7r, but that requires removal of the ground glass preview part of the rhinocam. Only real problem is color shifts at the edges of the first and last frames shot in portrait orientation when doing 4x2 shots. I can correct it OK in LR, but just another step added to the workflow.

Uaiomex

Would you say the CF glass is up to the task? I mean the high density of the A6000 sensor. Or the A6000 is overkill for CF glass?
Eduardo

No problems with resolution using the A6000 and MF Hasselblad Zeiss lenses. Even higher resolution using the A7r, but that requires removal of the ground glass preview part of the rhinocam. Only real problem is color shifts at the edges of the first and last frames shot in portrait orientation when doing 4x2 shots. I can correct it OK in LR, but just another step added to the workflow.

I'm lost Carl. What do you mean by removing the groundglass? And why? Also, I think the A6k sensor is more dense than the one in the A7r, thus requiring sharper glass.
Eduardo

scho

I'm lost Carl. What do you mean by removing the groundglass? And why? Also, I think the A6k sensor is more dense than the one in the A7r, thus requiring sharper glass.
Eduardo
There is a ground glass screen on the rhinocam that is used for previewing and composing the pano, but the A7r hits this unit when trying to mount the camera on the rhinocam so it has to be unscrewed and removed first.

Uaiomex

Now that you mentioned it. How does the A7 work with the Rhino made for the Nex? Since the A7 sensor is bigger I believe that fewer (but longer) shifts should be needed to cover the entire "super" 645 reach of the Rhino. Have you written Vizelex if they plan a dedicated Rhino for the A7? Or it's not needed?
Thanks
Eduardo

Last edited:

scho

Now that you mentioned it. How does the A7 work with the Rhino made for the Nex? Since the A7 sensor is bigger I believe that fewer (but longer) shifts should be needed to cover the entire "super" 645 reach of the Rhino. Have you written Vizelex if they plan a dedicated Rhino for the A7? Or it's not needed?
Thanks
Eduardo
You can use the A7r with the preset shift stops, but there will be more overlap. I haven't contacted them about a unit for the A7, but I think others have and the response was that the NEX unit works well enough with the A7, except for the mounting problem. I don't know if they plan on making another one for the A7, but I doubt that they will.

scho

Eduardo
Here is a comparison shot using the Hasselblad 80 mounted directly to both the A6000 and A7r. Shots at both f/4 and f/16, ISO 100, self timer, tripod mounted. All of the images I've posted above have been at f/16 using the A6000. Might be some diffraction loss, but trade-off for DOF.

Overall shot, focus was on the bird feeder to the right.

A6000

A7r