The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with A6000

ryc

Do you mean renting the 70-200 2.8 G ?

If you do make sure you get the GII which I have. It as good as the Nikon VRII But focuses extremely fast! It would be a 300 2.8 on the 6000. Let me know how tat works out. If you can't get it just shoot me a message.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yes rent the 70-200 2.8 and yes I want a 300 effective. I'll get the latest. I have the 135 1.8 so I really don't need to buy the zoom since I use it a couple times a year. So I just rent it.

MikalWGrass

Guy, I already own the first version of the Sony 70-200/2.8G. I am quite happy with it and don't feel the need for the latest incarnation even though it is faster. I still need to hone my skills and don't want to rely on a much more expensive piece of glass if I don't need it. Also, from what I understand, the glass is pretty much the same as on the first version but the focusing is faster.

MikalWGrass

Oh Boy!!! Not sure how much smaller these things can go. The comments are interesting.

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com"]http://www.sonyalpharumors.com

Exactly what I am thinking is the dang grip more than anything with close to 15k in images i just can't wrap my hand over a camera with my arthritis. Plus I gain extra battery power , more AF points and I am thinking better low light AF continuous tracking and more important the 70-200 F4 FE is a little too slow and rather have the ZA 70-200 2.8 which I rent. Although I am guessing they are using the same sensor but the A77II i think is using a separate focusing engine which sounds to me to be more accurate. One other little issue with clients sometimes is and hate to even say this but you need to look Professional with your gear and the A77II has more meat to it. I know sounds pathetic but appearance some times works.
I agree 100% about having to look professional with your gear. The oly em-1 looks like a dslr and most clients don't notice a difference. However I would be reluctant to show up with my nex-7 even though photos taken with it have been on museum display. A PR director once said to me, "just the fact that you show up and the flash goes off is worth what I pay you. If I get any pictures I consider that gravy".
Appearances are everything and perception is reality :)

Guy Mancuso

Yea even though my little A6000 doing podium work with the 135 1.8 was outstanding in IQ i felt a little under viewed lets say having the A77II along with it will look better. One other mention here the Sony 43 flash is somewhat big on the A6000 although works very good it fits the A77II much better with balance

Guy Mancuso

I was actually thinking of selling my FE 55 and get the 50 1.4 A. One everything I have is A glass. Second is I will have 3 bodies. A7r, A77II and the A6000. If you think about it than it makes sense. The A77II will take full advantage of the A glass with 79 AF points and that is why I am buying the A77ii is for continuous tracking and AF. The A7r is the landscape , advertising machine which barely needs AF. The A6000 would take a AF hit though but that's mostly backup and travel. Anyway it certainly has entered my plan for sure.

The 50 is not cheap though and than there is the Sigma 50 Art series in A mount hopefully someday soon. So this is not exactly on my short list but it is there.

Uaiomex

My IR-converted A6000 and V Rhinocam came this afternoon. Very excited!
What are you guys using for raw conversion?
Eduardo

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Ualomex and anyone interested in infrared, please join the Infrared Capture thread in the "New or Interesting Techniques to share" forum.

AF speed is no different between the A7 and A6000 when using the LA-EA4. Speed is primarily dependent on the the adapter and you lose any hybrid focusing tricks of the A6000. That said, the LA-EA4 is still pretty fast. I've compared it to my A900, and in good light they are equal, in lower light the LA-EA4 slows a bit for some reason - or I should say it has a harder time acquiring focus.

I was actually thinking of selling my FE 55 and get the 50 1.4 A. One everything I have is A glass. Second is I will have 3 bodies. A7r, A77II and the A6000. If you think about it than it makes sense. The A77II will take full advantage of the A glass with 79 AF points and that is why I am buying the A77ii is for continuous tracking and AF. The A7r is the landscape , advertising machine which barely needs AF. The A6000 would take a AF hit though but that's mostly backup and travel. Anyway it certainly has entered my plan for sure.

The 50 is not cheap though and than there is the Sigma 50 Art series in A mount hopefully someday soon. So this is not exactly on my short list but it is there.
I was underwhelmed with the 50/1.4 - you will regret giving up the IQ of the 55mm.

I struggle with the same complexities of owning multiple Sony bodies - A900, A7, A6000 but the 55mm stays!

ryc

I was underwhelmed with the 50/1.4 - you will regret giving up the IQ of the 55mm.

I struggle with the same complexities of owning multiple Sony bodies - A900, A7, A6000 but the 55mm stays!
You must have had a bad copy or something. I hve nothing but praise for the 50. It is spectacular!

Guy Mancuso

Well there is 2 versions the latest is a Zeiss 50 1.4 and cost about 1400.00

My problem is the 55 fits 2 out of 3 bodies the A7r and A6000 and I'm buying the A77Ii. The other problem is I don't use a 50 mm much but its a nice 75 on the A77ii and A6000. I could just get the Sigma 50 1.4 since it is fairly cheap. I'm still short on cash to get the 16-50 2.8 DT which I need. Mental debate on this one. I like the 55 and my copy is brilliant . It's actually perfect