The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with A6000

dave92029

I borrowed an A6000 and took it with my 70-200mm f4 to Safari Park to see how well the AF works on BIF. Actually, I shot ducks taking off from a pond. The A6000 sure is fast! Here is a short sequence of three shots:

It rained about 15 mins. after I took these shots, so it was dark and overcast, forcing me to shoot at iso 3200, f4.5, 1250th/sec.

wbhstl

For my recent China trip I rented a Zeiss 16-70/4 ZA from Lens Rental (good experience) and used it almost exclusively on my A6000. It was a test run for an upgrade from my NEX 5N and Contax G primes that I have been using. For vacation snaps like these the combo make sense - except for the price tag on the Zeiss lens. On the other hand I missed the speed advantage of the primes and I was not overwhelmed by the IQ of the A6000/Zeiss zoom combo.

The IQ issue could be more of operator error than lack of gear performance. I took raw + jpeg files but have only looked at the jpegs. I will need to obtain software and training before the raw files will be of much use to me. The following two sets are just to show the versatility of the combo - not pixel peeping. Lens Rental gives you the option of buying rather than returning rented gear - I returned the lens. I hope that I can find a somewhat equivalent zoom from Sony, Sigma, etc… that costs substantially less.

pegelli

Thanks for reviving this thread Mike, didn't know it existed :confused:

Got an A6000 since late last year, loving it in addition to my NEX-6

Let's start with a picture honoring something that looked like my first camera (Leica IIIf), but that's probably infinitely more valuable.
A gold plated and lizard leather covered Leica I, current value 1.000.000 €

A6000 + E28/2